Agnostic.com

4 11

LINK A Christian hate-preacher condemned me... for quoting him accurately

(From the article...)

A Christian hate-preacher condemned me... for quoting him accurately | Aaron Thompson preaching on Sunday, July 17, 2022
Aaron Thompson preaching on Sunday, July 17, 2022 (screenshot via YouTube)
Reading Time: 4 minutes

I have to say: It’s very surreal to watch a sermon from a Christian hate-preacher, only to find out you’re the subject. You’re the example he’s using as a warning to the congregation. You’re the guy all of them have to fight against.

On Sunday night, the New Independent Fundamentalist Baptists closed out their annual “Red Hot Preaching Conference” with a sermon by Aaron Thompson of Sure Foundation Baptist Church in Washington. (Thompson was recently linked to a man arrested for threatening violence at a Pride event, though he hasn’t affirmed the connection or spoken publicly about it.)

Thompson’s sermon was called the “Militant Atheist.” I would’ve guessed that meant spreading the usual Christian apologist lie about long-dead atheist dictators who allegedly killed people in the name of atheism… and he certainly mentioned them.

But a much larger portion of the sermon—20 minutes—was focused on the real terror: me.

The full clip is below (beginning at the 2:03:40 mark), but I offer a shortened version in the tweet underneath it: ...

snytiger6 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So it's not okay to kill people as an atheist but perfectly correct to do so as a Christian!?'

What a wonderful hate preacher. He maketh sureth that he hath the right bible. It is the King Jameth. That's the one. 🙂 Some of their doctrines do not hold up in other versions.

I want to make them feel as threatened as he does.
They absolutely must be called out at every turn.

Well done, to be denounced for the pulpit, is a first class badge of honour.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677605
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.