Agnostic.com

2 1

It’s funny because it’s true

CourtJester 7 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

False and repugnant!

Aaaah, yes indeed, but consider who posted it........

And it’s caused by the democraps crazy agenda.

Can you explain what policies are causing this so called recession? I’ll be waiting patiently for your in depth economic analysis....

@Dhiltong You’ll be waiting forever with this crowd.

@NostraDumbass Ya, like I was actually expecting a rational discussion from that group😂

@Dhiltong

Every recession begins with rampant inflation.
Democrats pushing to cut production through Covid lockdowns was the hammer to the nail.
Paying people to stay home rather than producing goods.
Cutting US fuel production and purchasing it from foreign nations at a higher price than nationally increasing fuel costs for farmers and truckers which increase the purchasing price for customers.

How many of you people finished high school???

I’m guessing that you all were raised by a single mother and didn’t have a father in your life that worked for a living.

@CourtJester Well that’s a swing and a miss😂😂

@Dhiltong
Prove me wrong

@CourtJester The COVID stuff did contribute this current inflationary period, but it just one piece to a very complex puzzle. Where your argument completely falls apart is when you just blame the democrats for all of this. That is telling me you are just parroting conservative political talking points. Here's an actual example of an economic policy that was very inflationary on the consumer level, Trump's trade war!! I'm in manufacturing and the minute he started tariffing imported metals is when our costs started going through the roof. That initiated the largest 1 year price increase in 2019 that my company has ever done to cover those increases. Also, almost all of the lock downs and severe restrictions brought on by COVID were gone by the time Biden took office, at least that's the way it was around where I live. All the restaurants and bars back were open, the sports club I belong to reopened after being closed for a few months, except for mask requirements life was for the most part back to normal. Other major factors in this current inflation of course is oil prices. High oil prices effect the price of almost everything across the board. During the depths of the pandemic demand for oil fell sharply, in response to that oil producers cut back production. When the demand for oil came roaring back, plus that little dust up with Russia and Ukraine, created an extremely tight oil market hence the current high prices. Another major factor is that wages have gone up quite a bit due to a tight labor market. And example is before the pandemic I would see billboards advertising construction jobs staring at $15.00/hr. now I'm seeing those same advertisements at $20.00-$22.00/hr. I had to raise the pay of my employees to keep them happy. Those are just some of the major factors, and there are countless others in a very complex puzzle that is the economy. One comment you made where you are completely wrong is you assumption that I must not have completed high school. Well, I did graduate from high school and have 4 years of engineering. I left the University Of Utah in 1976 to start the business I currently own, that's 46 years of being an American manufacturer who's products are sold worldwide. Oh, and I will note that in that in that 46 years the best and most profitable year was 2021, and the honorable Mr. Joe Biden was our president.

@Dhiltong I suppose you think shutting down the keystone XL, stopping drilling on federal land and declaring war on oil and gas production with more regulations had nothing to do with higher fuel prices!

@Trajan61 Just more conservative political talking points with no basis in reality........

Yioy are among those who post crazy and reejubgky repoulsive shit.

@Dhiltong You are so full of crap!

@Trajan61 Well, so are you so we’re even......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.