Agnostic.com

19 2

If you could go back in time before adulthood, what one thing would you do differently, and why?

I would have never picked up the nasty habit of smoking. I think the habit has adversely affected every aspect of my life, from relationships, to physical health, and to emotional health.

TwistedMister 5 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

hit that free throw. swing that bat harder. kiss that girl.

I would finish my education. My dad actually discouraged me from going to college after high school, so I joined the military instead. I would have done well in college. After a few years in the military I married and followed my (ex) husband around for several years and had babies. I started college courses once, and then had another baby, I was a stay at home mom. Then I felt too discouraged to go to school. I would be so much better off now I had I finished the education and gotten a job. I probably would have been divorced earlier, but that wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Define adulthood? I would of told my mom to move out of the and let my dad hit me with that club. Maybe he could of got help before he totally distroys our family unit.

It is a tempting thought. --- But I like myself now. And I realize that it took everything that I experienced to make me what I am today. So ---- I would change nothing.

I would have never gotten married that first time (at 18 yo)...or ever for that matter.

I really do wish that I didn't believe in God way earlier than it took. It shaped a lot of my decisions. So many things based on a fear of a being I no longer believe exists. I really believe I'd be living a much different life had I dropped that at 10 instead of 32.

One?? I can think of a hundred things!

I have a lot of regrets about all the opportunities I turned down, the girls I never asked out, wishing I pursued a different career path, and so on so forth.

I admit I suffer from depression a lot, but I do sometimes wonder, of all the alternate realities I could have lived, this is one of the worse ones.

there are many things

To have greater confidence in myself. Growing up a very shy person kept me from reaching out for certain wants. It has haunted me my whole life.

I would not have allowed myself to be pressured into marrying so young, and I would have stayed in school.

Donna Level 6 Dec 5, 2017

I would have more confidence in my self

Invest more in bitcoin. 🙂

It's a digital currency that is currently exploding in value for a number of reasons. Definitely something worth checking out if you're interested in investing.

I would have done better in school.

I'll not let my class fellow borrow my collection of story books in grade 4, over 120 little books that i had bought with my weekly pocket money over a period of many months. She never brought them back.

Actually try in school.

I'd have worked hard at a part-time job (lawn care or whatever) and have invested it all into Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, and Google as early as possible.

Nothing. Everything I've done in my life including my mistakes have put me where I am today.

I never said I was perfect, and I never said I had no regrets. What I said is that I like my life as it is today, and if I changed anything my life would be different.

Everything you do in life changes how your future will be. I will not risk changing my future (not having my children/grandchildren, living in a quiet town, not having to worry about bills/home/transportation, etc) into something worse.

I would have told my mom to go ahead and divorce my father, when I was very young.

I'd 'knuckle down' and do well at school so that when I left school I'd be eligible for a apprenticeship in some sort of trade such as carpentry or electrical.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6797
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.