Agnostic.com

2 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember rail travel in this country and also street cars. To make money selling oil and gas we got rid of both of them. It is time to get serious about them again. Instead of this we seem to want to make up stories as to why rail travel won't work. Amtrak is either dead as it stands or has a future put on hold. This is out ignorance and the power of gas and oil.

Yeah, I was thinking if we build high speed rail that we shold engineer high speed rail to carry freight, which would help it pay for itself over the long run. Already Amtrak uses current freight lines, only freight has the right away, which often delays passenger lines. I think it sould be the other way around with high speed rail. Passenger lines get priority. It would stil greatly increase freight transport speeds.

I traveled in China and Asia and what he is saying is all true. I also spent time in the US, so can compare.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.