Agnostic.com

9 23

We have atheists and agnostics and theist but none really fit the Klingon theology.
But then again nothing human really fits Klingon ideology.😂

I wonder what we would call a theology in which gods existed, but no longer exist because we killed them? 🤔

TheMiddleWay 8 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Brilliant!!!

red shirters.

red shirtism.

Qo'noS luchenmoH 'elpI' yIn je woj yab QongDaq QIp!

Frankly I wasn't aware of Klingon theology, and doubt there is any. If there is, my bet is that it's post Roddenberry. He loathed that stuff. I assume this is a jest. I'll have to check what they now call ST 'Canon' just in case.

@TheMiddleWay ah well be careful. In Who Mourns of Andonais, a Being with a God complex calls itself Apollo but Kirk quickly works out that it thrives on energy from love, fear and devotion like a parasite ( perfect metaphor for religion) and they challenge and escape from it. In fact it captures Gene's distain for religion, but the studio made Gene add to Kirk's line that mankind has no need for Gods, the line "we find just one (god) adequate". He fought against this stupid line, but lost the battle. This often happened with the studios. In another episode Uhura refers to son of God- a reference to Jesus. Again, Gene protested but lost. Bottom line: Gene did all he could to keep religion out of the series, but you know how studios are, then and now, right?

@TheMiddleWay I was wrong about this being a jest:

"According to the "Klingon Art of War" by Keith R.A. DeCandido, the Klingon gods were surprisingly mortal. They apparently lived in a 'great tree'. One of them made first contact with the Klingons some 2-3000 years before the time of Kahless (and approximately a thousand years before the arrival of the Hur'Q). Their initial demand was for food, which the Klingons provided in return for being shown simple building techniques. Several hunters were killed in the process, but the gods evidently had the power to revive them.

Over time, the gods took over various villages and began demanding greater and greater "tributes" but seemed unwilling to share additional technology with the Klingons. Eventually the Klingons got tired of fighting proxy wars on behalf of the different godly factions and went up to the great tree and killed them all."

All new to me, I confess. They don't sound like gods to me, but, well, you know Klingons..

One doesn't have to kill Gods. Just ignore them and their fantasy wars. Then they will just loose their powers and float off into space.

See the episode 'Who Morns for Adonis'. Where Kirk et al had to deal with a Greek God.

@Sofabeast

Closer to reality, is the wizard of Oz.

theomortism

skado Level 9 Aug 11, 2022

He speaks wisely, more trouble than they're worth.

I dunno... a freedom theocracy perhaps?

Klingon theology?? I thought our theological beliefs in this country was the Force, lol.

@TheMiddleWay Are you aware that your name was brought up in the Senate group, and not in a good way? I didn't view the post in question as that guy has me blocked so I'm not in a hurry to check it out. Looks like you upset him, lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.