Agnostic.com

4 7

Did anyone have evidence of violations of the Espionage Act for their August bingo card?

glennlab 10 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did, but my bingo card is being stored down at Mar-a-Lago.

Always the comedian, I wish I had thought of it.

If there were any justice in this world, which there usually isn't, Trump would be treated like Assange has been regarding espionage, etc., but he won't be. Justice would be Assange never having been charged in the first place.

Took them long enough to nail him red-handed with something! What will the MAGAs say now?

MizJ Level 8 Aug 13, 2022

I've already heard them saying that he could declassify it since he was president. Not very likely since there are laws concerning the process for declassifying documents.

@glennlab You can declassify after the offense has been committed? Doesn't seem like it would work that way...

@glennlab "Information, including communications in any form, regarding the
retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information or classified material"

That is a quote from the search warrant. Note the term "national defense information" which suggests that the classification may be irrelevant.

@MizJ Classification only becomes relevant as to the degree of theft. Merely possessing the presidential papers is illegal. They are the property of the government not the president. I was just giving the defenses I had been hearing.

@glennlab It's shocking that anyone whether a lawyer or a lawmaker would defend this, I would have thought they would be jumping ship now.

I’ve had wearing orange jumpsuit for a long time, so maybe that covers it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681261
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.