Agnostic.com

8 9

Finally, some sensible ruling against “in [a] god we trust/’ [onlysky.media]

#god
JackPedigo 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I was teaching, in the state of Pennsylvania in around 2004, the state passed a law making the pledge mandatory, or standing and singing the national anthem. The law got killed by the courts. I told my homeroom, before the court case was settled to be prepared to sing, loud and "proud" and in any key because that's what we would do.

Yep, the National Anthem doesn't have the words god in it, which is why at most sporting events they sing god bless America right after it, you know, to keep the Christians happy.

Since the decision doesn't affect students this would seem pointless. They are the one's who need to be protected.

At least it's a start. obviously quite a few are concerned by this intrusion.

It's a thing to stop complaints that doesn't stop the children from further indoctrination. Fargo is an area where people try to be unoffensive, I gather, so I'm not impressed.

They're also opposed to "liberty and justice for all" cause that certainly isn't true.

They like their alternative take: Liberty and Justice for all, who would have had it in 1783.

I remember when they added that in. I was only 11, but I don't remember any backlash at all at the time. I do remember that it took a long time before everyone got used to saying it. It doesn't belong in there.

I haven't said it for years. That addition is time for a deep breath.

@Lorajay I'm generally opposed to indoctrination, particularly of children.

Well...maybe common sense hasn't quite died yet...

Betty Level 8 Aug 14, 2022

So the Christian supremacists got a bit of a spanking? That will surely enrage them.

Very well explained but it's shocking anyway.

Bravo! This will have the Christian Nationalists storming the North!

And I hope they get a bad reception. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681553
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.