Agnostic.com

5 4

My car is being fixed after someone reversed into it. I will be carless for four days. It feels ever so strange. Like a limb is missing. Really silly because I do have working legs and a push bike and then there is public transport not far from my house.

Jolanta 9 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Take care if you're not used to a lot of walking. I had to look up the term push bike and discovered it is what we would just call a bicycle.

@Matias In Australia one can use both words for a bicycle.

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you use home delivery? I often don't use my car for 4 days. It'll be okay. Don't let it get you down.

I can use home delivery, but don't need to. I have everything I need. It is just a feeling I have. Silly really.

Yes. It’s an odd feeling to be suddenly without a vehicle. Even walking to the nearest convenience store feels like a journey. Similar to forgetting the phone at home or your wallet/ purse. We do become accustomed to things, don’t we?

I know the feeling.

Your insurance doesn't cover a rental??

Should be the other person's insurance.

@Beowulfsfriend Even if their insurance doesn't (or they don't have insurance at all) if you have rental coverage, you should be able to get one for "free".

It does, but I am not that bothered. I really can do without a car if truth be told. It just feels "strange". That too will pass and I will get it back in four days.

@Jolanta I would take it simply because it is owed to me. Unless they're willing to give you money to not take the rental (which they should but won't) then
I'd take it.

@ChestRockfield I don't have the same outlook as you do, to me just because it is owed to me doesn't mean I have to take advantage of it.

@Jolanta I guess I've become the 'that's how they get you' guy...

@ChestRockfield What do you mean by that?

@Jolanta It's like an old guy trope about paranoia and getting taken advantage of.
"Don't eat the bread and salad when it comes. They want you to fill up on that because it's cheap. That's how they get you."
And while a lot of the time the claims of how they get you are 100% accurate, constantly thinking about and behaving in a manner to avoid getting got in a way makes you get yourself.

@ChestRockfield To me it sounds like a sad case of existence. Life is too short to worry about 'how they get you'. Enjoy what you like without thinking of some kind of alternate motive, even though there may be one.

@Jolanta For sure. My existence is super sad and awful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681598
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.