Agnostic.com

2 0

Who has seen reports of Thailand conducting military exercises with China in Thailand?

Gotta love the Thai's. US has military exercises (Cobra) every year around Chiang Mai, now the Chinese are also exercising with them in Udon Thani (a major US airfield during Viet Nam). When push comes to shove the Thai's will just roll over to whoever is most powerful, just like they did with Japan in WWII.
I'm all for it ie not playing favourites by the Thai's. But also proof of diminishing influence in Asia from the US.
[bangkokpost.com]

puff 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Conflicts in Asia constantly remind me of disputes in Europe. Eurasia is a reasonably large document, but at the same time, even large states continually strive to expand their influence. Although China's position can be understood, given that their population is about 1/7 of the world's population. European countries are also constantly dividing territories and seeking independence. I have been on vacation in Europe several times. Most countries are self-sufficient. For example, Portugal has gorgeous beaches, friendly locals and centuries-old architecture, so the state earns good money on tourism. But there are small states like Serbia and Moldova that make money from conflicts.

This is the first time I've heard about it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681741
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.