Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK After threats, Fargo School Board restores Pledge of Allegiance at meetings

(I was pretty sure there would be a backlash, then they'd cave in. Sometimes I hate it when I am right.)

Less than a week after the Fargo School Board in North Dakota voted to stop saying the Pledge of Allegiance to open their meetings, the same board members voted 8-1 during a special session tonight to reinstate the Pledge, partly due to threats they received after the previous vote.

It was a capitulation to right-wing extremists who sent hate-mail and threats to several board members. While some of the board members acknowledged that caving to their demands would set a terrible precedent for the future, they felt that this wasn’t the hill they wanted to die on and that it would be better to accede to the haters’ demands than allow this particular issue to distract from their overall mission. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And some people try to say that religion does no harm. Ugh!

Betty Level 8 Aug 19, 2022

Welcome to AmeriKKKa and its Christian Taliban.

This was very predictable. The vicious Right can organize high threat levels very quickly an no one wants to put their family at risk to preserve an ideal. And police will do nothing without actual action taking place. And many surely support the ones making the threats.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:682311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.