Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Liz Cheney says Kevin McCarthy shouldn't be speaker in a GOP House because he's been 'completely unfaithful to the Constitution'

Rep. Liz Cheney in an interview that aired on Friday railed against Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy potentially becoming House speaker if Republicans retake control of the lower chamber this November, arguing that he had been "unfaithful to the Constitution."

In an interview with ABC News correspondent Jonathan Karl, Cheney — who on Tuesday was defeated in the Wyoming GOP House primary by attorney Harriet Hageman — said McCarthy had "a total lack of understanding" of the role of the speakership after she was asked if the country would be better or worse off with him in power.

"Well, my views about Kevin McCarthy are very clear. Speaker of the House is the second in line for the presidency. It requires somebody who understands and recognizes their duty, their oath, their obligation," Cheney said of the California lawmaker on ABC's "This Week." ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She makes a good point. That also applies to 45 and his flunkies.

Given that he knew about the coup and did nothing to stop it, he is part of the conspiracy and forbidden to hold public office of any kind, according to the Constitution. When is this country going to obey its own charter????

Liz who?

Les Cheney. One of the few republicans who still has ethics. Which is why they are hoping to get ride of her.

@snytiger6 I was being sarcastic. I think she'll run for POTUS and prob'ly lose the Primary to 45 or Death Santis (whomever runs). She needs to elevate her name for the book.

@rainmanjr I'd be happier if she were the republican candidate. However, I just can't see republicans having a women candidate for president... not for a very long time yet. When they do finally have one, I am afraid she would be more like Marjorie Taylor Greene, than someone who has ethics and is rational.

@snytiger6 She is rational? Liz is a RW copy of her father, living on his name, who voted 93% with 45. Ethics? She hasn’t complained about that war profiteering money but did condemn her sister. The gop nominated our first female Justice who then gave us W (Jr43) because he was cute ☺️

@rainmanjr For a republican she is rational. She is much more so than her father ever was.

@snytiger6 I get that she's not totally insane and we libs feel obligated to respect her. I feel no such obligation because she didn't take this stand for me. She ran up against her own wall so that might be more an act of risk for greater gain (The WH) than patriotism. We don't really know but her father is a greedy opportunist so there's that. So she did this for herself and my respect means zip to her. Therefore, she doesn't get it. In a Civil War I will be shooting people like her.

Not to mention he’s a total dipshit........

There is that, too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:682621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.