Agnostic.com

13 1

Are there any words that disgust you?

On one of the other threads there's a bit of a discussion about swearing going on. I'm curious; do any words make your skin crawl? That you just can't find within yourself to say?

That you despise others saying it?

Now, I'm going to preface this with I personally don't condone swearing around children or in openly public places.

But other than that, there's only one word I really don't like in and of itself. Racial slurs are also not in my vocab.

So take the poll. If you have more than one or a different one (or many), comment below. 🙂

• 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 15 votes
Kreig 7 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just "Disgust"

Bills

The only words I don't like are those we should never have needed, like pedophile, necrophilia, and calories.

I think a lot of issues with words are the intent. Because there's tons of us who use "bad" words in good-natured ways; I personally swear up a storm. Probably good to read the room though, to see when it is or is not appropriate to use colorful language.

This sentence might make your skin crawl. “While still in my panties, I vomited from my jowls a chunky curd of phlegm that was dripping with roaches, maggots and mucus and gurgled a moist egg yolk while I blogged about it.” Googling "what makes your skin crawl" actually brings up more than a few articles on the subject.

SamL Level 7 Dec 7, 2017

Hahahahahah

Racial slurs...mmmm they are only words that have power negatively if you allow them to...I loved watching chris rock back in the day and he constantly says the N word...and gets applauded and praised...but if a white person even remotely says it they are called racist? Words only have power if they are given power..

Failing that they resort to a big stick?

Makes me laugh

no there just words

Racial slurs bother me, however the word that I detest the most is "delusional". My ex-boyfriend used to use that one when he is losing an argument (I'm mentally ill, but I sure as hell not delusional).

Spending a lot of time online and in the gaming community, I find myself numb to most words. With that said, racial slurs are the only thing that will get me to think twice. Overall though I feel like any word is fair game, as long you don't go saying them to who or whatever the word implies.

Tejas Level 8 Dec 6, 2017

There are few words on my list as swearing does not really bother me. However, it can be overdone; and, I agree, around children, it should be kept in check. Racial slurs are certainly not acceptable and top my list; but the swear word I absolutely abhor is the C word--whether it is used toward a man or a woman.

Hmmm... I don't like saying things that are directly pointed to a group or a person that would hurt them. Even things like he or she is to tall or to big or to short or to skinny and so on. Hurting labels annoy me.

Not sure what jabba is. ?

Big frog character as a gangster in Star Wars.

okay 🙂 ty

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.