Agnostic.com

15 7

Odd Shows

Does anyone else enjoy, "The Mighty Boosh," or, "Jam?"

If so, could you recommend anything else of a similar weirdness?

Thank you

Donotbelieve 9 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

• Frisky Dingo
  • Crazyhead
  • Bojack Horseman
  • Mr. Pickles
  • Pacific Heat
  • That Mitchell and Webb Look
  • Peep Show
  • Wonderfalls

I looked through the thread for Kids In The Hall and didn't see it.

So... Kids In The Hall.

Torq Level 5 Apr 29, 2018

Kids in the hall has possibly the most brilliant sketch ever

it opens on a lone soldier clamoring over the smoking ruins of a bombed school building, under a dour sky, with only the sound of burning.
He gets to the top of heap of rubble raises on finger and screams
"Who threw that?"
Zoom out a large number of sneering army cadets sitting in school chairs trying to look innocent.

Oh man there are some really good British. I.T. crowd is fucking funny. You have probably already heard of rick and morty Birdman attorney, venture bros., and some of aqua team are all really good to watch.

"Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" on the CW and now on Netflix.

Here are few to be going on with
First that comes to mind is "Spaced" especially series 2, seriously weird, but brilliant
"Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy" is even more off the wall than Boosh.
or you might like "the IT crowd"
if you can find it in the USA the original series from the 1970s of "The Goodies"
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is a forgotten classic of weirdness.
This Is David Lander (TV Series)
A bit of Fry & Laurie
Black Books
Father Ted
The Fast show
Smack the Pony
or the Kevin Turvey segments of A Kick Up the Eighties

Garth Marenghi
OMFSM, I forgot about this show. LOL

Flight of The Conchords, Loose Tapestries. Of course Fawlty Towers. Red Dwarf, the IT Crowd.....just about any British style comedy....🙂

“That one’s as close as you can get to Baileys without your eyes getting wet.”

-Old Greg

I’ll be checking in one this thread.

Brass Eye was very good, very dark at times too.

This one tab of Cake !!

I haven't seen any of these shows. But I'm not much for watching "TV". I know most things are steamed now adays. I just came in for recommendations! Awesome !

@Donotbelieve I'll check it out and let you know. I'm a Rick and Morty fan. That's my speed of comedy right now. I have enjoyed Park and Rec. Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Big Bang Theory, Bo Jackson...

@Donotbelieve Do you, no one's gonna be better at it. ? Have you seen Mr. Robot?

@Donotbelieve It's darkish and nerdy at the same time.

Love Silicon Valley myself.
Preface: Group of IT guys outsource help with the cloud to a kid that requires adderall to fire on all cylinders but he's out of it.

The series started off real slow. It took me awhile to get hooked on it. Think at the time we were out of things to watch so just went with it. My kid's in love with Jared haha

LMAO @ "Goth juice" . I'll have to catch up with this one. Thanks for the mention. 🙂

The Increasingly Bad Decisions of Todd Margaret is hilarious.

Not weird, but if you don't know "Peep Show" you should.

No, no you really should not.
Mitchell and Webb are great but Peep Show was not their finest half hour.

League of gentlemen and psycholville are dark comedies ....Happy,! Is a bit ou there aswell ......not as eccentric as mighty boosh

Never heard of these so I cannot help.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68369
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.