Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK An interesting article about dating married men

I never thought about it like this, perhaps I'm too old fashion but it's an all or nothing proposition for me, be monogamous or don't be in a relationship. I guess there are many ways to look at things when it comes to sexual relations between people, to each their own.

Surfpirate 9 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have multiple partners personally. I'm in a polyamorous relationship (s). I have 3 partners. My husband, our bf, and my GF. Our bf has a husband, so does my gf. We are all friends.

The moment much is being hidden I would be out. Open and honest communication is important.

I will also add, we started dating and discussed nonmonogamy. If we lost out partners, we would be fine. Sad, of course, but our relationship would survive. No sex isn't a thing for us.

As an "old school" kind of guy, I'd ask:
Why are you dating a married man?
Is that not asking for a lot of drama?

As an "old school" kind of guy, I'd ask:
Why are you dating a married man?
Is that not asking for a lot of drama?

This last line here: "In the end, I had to wonder if what these men couldn’t face was something else altogether: hearing why their wives no longer wanted to have sex with them. It’s much easier, after all, to set up an account on Tinder."

Just an observation that a lot of women who withhold are maxed out and or angry about something or both. They're tired of voicing an issue(s) only to feel unheard and begin bottling up resentment which manifests into no sex. Not all, but a lot. Women resent men who turn them into nags.

So, for some guys it's easier to just go fuck something else than deal with the issue at hand.

@irascible I'm going by what my dear friends have voiced to me.
I'm not personally a withholder, (libido was always too high! I'd have bleeped a snake on my deathbed back in the day) . But there have been times when I would have, but wasn't quite feeling up to it + the mix of other issues going on = refusal. So even me, pseudonympho, wasn't completely immune.

@RonHunt I swear to dog Mat Bogs needs a channel for men.

@RonHunt furthermore it is statistically proven that women shoulder a great deal of household chores. Not splitting dishes is a big one. It may seem petty & "codependent" to you (eyeroll) but it's a thing. Mark my word. Unless she's a freaking doormat.

@RonHunt this is sad

@RonHunt I don't care if you believe me. I don't have to cite a study. Don't believe me, keep thinking the same way. IDC
I did all the things here, just about, to the point my girl was a proximinal orphan. Don't try to 'splain' me. Granted, I'm not a withholder, but know many a friend who wouldn't have done what I did. They would have iced, then walked.

@RonHunt all

Yeah, and she believed them all.......because married men on Tinder, et al, are Soooo freaking honorable & trustworthy.

My ideas about relationships and monogamy have changed throughout the years. What works for some doesn't necessarily work for others. I am all for having happy, healthy, honest relationships whether those are monogramous or polyamorous or some form in between...

To me honesty and trust is more important than physical friction. So if nobody gets hurt, it's all good. Having said that, I believe there is much value in monogamous cohabitation, mainly that you get a daily lesson in humility. You also get the opportunity to practice patience, cooperation as well as non-violent resistance, if necessary.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68537
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.