Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen - YouTube

What the fuck happened? Gawd didn't save her? Besides that, King doesn't even rhyme with "Fascist Regime"! What are they going to sing now? Oh well, it doesn't matter. I guess dog won't save Charlie boy either

barjoe 9 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love this song, it's so alive.

From the albums I've heard, "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols", is the best Punk Rock album yet. I think the lyrics are a bit angry and unforgiving, but that was the Punk sentiment. The music, though was, and is, sublime...yes, the energy is unparalleled.

I always heard it said that Charles could not be King. It's a done deal already as the monarchy is ongoing. There will be 10 days of morning officially and later a ceremony but Charles is already King of England. He became King when his mother died.

The Queen Is Dead. Long Live The King.

It seems to me that when Charles divorced Dianna it was said that he would never be king, but the monarchy can make up it's own rules and apparently they "reformed" and decided that it was okay to be divorced. Also, the requirement that the monarch be the next male in the line is also abolished so that William's daughter is now 3rd in line, not her little brother.

Iā€™d say long live The King but long is probably unlikelyšŸ¤“ Nothing sad about 92 years of not doing much. So it goes.

The whole world misses the queen(

@Robert0999 Not the whole world. Charles is probably pretty jazzed today.

@Robert0999 The world as a whole but not the whole world. I sort of felt bad when I first heard only because it's a sign of my own mortality and a right of passage.

@barjoe QE II reminded me of my mother who died of covid in 2020 at the age of 91. In old pics of the queen her hair style and style of dress is exactly like my mother's was. I heard that Mick Jagger's reaction was "For my whole life Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II has always been there." And Mick Jagger is 79. That makes me feel old.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.