Agnostic.com

16 2

Forget xmas - do you celebrate New Year's? How?

Let the good times roll!

atheist 8 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There was a time in my life.... Youth of course that making love on New Year was The Mandatory Task. Now, sometimes I am in a New Year Ball, I try to avoid when I can the intimate party in somebody's house... other times I turn off the phone and sleep it off.... Sometimes make the needed phone calls early to avoid the phone. Never did the TV B.S. of count down, etc. I do firmly remember when I was a teen... I hated the neighbors that talked about you and hated you all year and after midnight they go out in the street and to your house to hug you as if all is going to be forgiven. I always had one hell of a memory. At my age... not that impressed anymore with the passing of the year.

For sure, i celebrate New Year every year.

it's gone and I live in the now as much as possible so it's more like the new day.

No one invites me to a party. I've never been to a real party with fun and drinking. I'm 29 and have only been to kid's birthday parties. I'm truly missing out. Co-workers have parties, but don't invite me. It sucks. I will drink sparkling cider in my room this year, and be on here.

An atheist in this one group I was in, befriended me. He was 67. He fell in love with me. Then exposed himself to me. I was looking for a friend, not a sugar daddy. I'm an at-risk adult. I called the cops and reported it. I have a restraining order on him. He didn't get charged because he lied to the cops. They believe a white male over someone with mental illness. He lied to the whole atheist group. No one talked to me anymore. Rumors were spread because of this lying old lonely atheist. He was the first one I met in the group. I left the group because I was not wanted. I told them the truth. But he twisted it all up to make himself look good.

The fitness atheist group were mean to me because I'm thin and have depression. This is the only group that likes me. I'm a nice person, but I've been taken advantage of too many times. Or used. I like this group a lot.

horrible bastards

I don't . No family.

No interesting.....

If you have to ring your friends....they are not friends and you don't want to share with them. Most people mix "friends with acquaintances."

I celebrate by sleeping — hard!

Not if I'm going to bed alone.

All too often I hear about people who don't bother, who say they're in bed by 9pm. Honestly, I'm not a big partier, but it's my favorite holiday of the year.

Nothing is expected of you. It's a great excuse to just party with friends or strangers and have a good time for the sake of it. And if you don't celebrate, that's fine. No pressure and it makes celebrating it all the more fun.

My favorite way to celebrate is to go to a friend's apartment or house where there's just a modest gathering of friends you know and maybe one or two people you don't know and at least a few people try to sing Auld Lang Syne at midnight.

I'm often asleep by midnight on New Years. If not, I'll have a wee dram and kiss my wife.

Why miss a holiday celebrate them all , makes life much more pleasent

I like New Years way better than X-MAS. As it is not as commercial even though some of the best deals are had at that point. It's always a party atmosphere and an expectation of better things to come, hopefully. Finally, a chance to reflect on the previous year and try to figure out what we can do better in the New Year! 🙂

Yes I celebrate new years........ at work. Darn, graveyard shift.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 6, 2017

I'd buy a green banana, having lasted longer than I was anticipating (that's an "old man" joke for those that don't know)!

New Years remains an odd one for me… What’s it based on, the Julian calendar? The way they’d rob days from each other’s months is laughable. I consider ‘new year’s’ an extension of the Winter Solstice -- the only obvious ‘reason for the season.’ With that, my enthusiasm or inclination to celebrate something that long after the fact wanes to the point of non existent … but don’t let me spoil any parties 😉

Varn Level 8 Dec 6, 2017

Most of them are based on non-religious traditions, but this one’s off by, what - eleven days? I say Party Harty on the Solstice! - cuz you’ll basically have it all to yourself 😉

No idea at this moment .Can't think that far ahead.

Usually at home with some wine and the tv. I live such a wild life. Lol

Great idea. ????

alot of wine

lol@atheist

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.