Agnostic.com

4 10

Tell us 😆😂🤣

Ryo1 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had an experimental team teaching (1970) where 160 students attended a two-hour combined English/History. They set up a day for student presentations. I did a short magic act. Then my counter-culture friend read a poem by Charles Bukowski decrying capitalism and tore up a dollar bill to shreds. It was too much for one of the teachers and he shut down the event.

When I was in secondary school, there was this smart alec boy who would argue with any teacher he came across. He particularly disliked our chemistry teacher for some reason. One day, he had a right go at this teacher and when the teacher eventually lost his cool, he threw the smart alec boy to the ground in a rather spectacular fashion. We all learned later that the teacher was black belt in Judo. The boy never messed with the teacher after that. Lol

Ryo1 Level 8 Sep 16, 2022

We had a Hepatitis A outbreak in our school, spread by the lunch lady.

Ditto.

@Fernapple Same source?

@Organist1 Rats in the kitchen at night running arround treating it as a playground, and urinating on all the equipment. The school kitchen was closed down for several weeks and refitted after that. I missed it sadly, and the bought it take-aways, because I was one of the victims, at home in bed, but I was allowed to take a lunch box for the remaining years, which was great because the school food like that in most British schools then was inedible anyway.

In my senior year, I heard about two lists: radicals and druggies. The assistant principal's son was first on the druggie list. A teacher told me I led the radical list - I suppose carrying books on the SDS were part of that. I had a signed letter response from Tom Hayden after a letter I had written.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.