Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK Why Do Doctors Have to Play Defense? - Freakonomics

Actions have consequences in medicine, as well. The consequences of those consequences are often death.

rainmanjr 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jack Kevorkian was one doctor who was willing to go against the grain, to be the test case.

A real hero to me.

@rainmanjr Me too.

Doctors disregard plenty of things that they COULD do, because they learn a specific way to diagnose and treat in medical school, disregarding LOTS of natural solutions to health problems. They are always protecting themselves, instead of the patient. In this case, it is warranted.

Read Cider House Rules, by John Irving. Movie is good but the book's point is stronger in the book. It is all about removing the Dr's choice to not be a criminal against their conscience.

People often get the wrong idea about natural solutions. Bottom line is this…….the ‘cure’ for most common ailments, 70% of cancers, heart disease, prostate cancer, etc etc, is to prevent them from happening in the first place by a proper diet of fruits, vegetables, Green tea, White Tea, nuts, legumes as well as certain greens such as wheat grass, barley grass, moringa, spirulina, chlorella which are considered to be “superfoods” because of their nutritional content.

@CuddyCruiser Simply cutting down on daily calorie intake is a big step.

@rainmanjr It certainly is. But what’s far more important is the ingredients in most processed foods. trans fats, food additives such as Monosodium Glutamate, Aspartame, plus hundreds of others which may not even be listed on the label are worse. They cause obesity plus many other ailments.

@CuddyCruiser It is important to learn about those additives and read labels, carefully, to weigh this or that additive. I did this before becoming diabetic but now I do with detail for sugar content. It's possible, I shop at Walmart/Winco/Dollar Tree, but one has to read. Further, I eat fast food when out so I eat better if at home.

@rainmanjr Actually, it isn’t the calories, it is the source of the calories. 100 calories of cucumber supplies lots of B vitamins, while 100 calories of Pringles is pretty much useless to the body.

@CuddyCruiser yes, processed foods for the most part should be avoided.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.