Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Liz Cheney: GOP Election Deniers 'Must Be Defeated in 2022'

(Because she has ethics and integrity, the MAGA crowd put a lot of effort into defeating her in the primaries.)

GOP Rep. Liz Cheney said she's "very worried" about election-denying candidates running for office and said "they must be defeated" in the 2022 midterms in an interview for a CNN special report on the House January 6 Committee's investigation.

Cheney, the vice-chair of the House panel probing January 6, lost the Republican primary for another term in Congress representing Wyoming to a Trump-backed challenger in August.

"I'm very worried. I think those people must be defeated." Cheney said in a clip of the interview, hosted by CNN's Jake Tapper and set to air in full at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, obtained by Politico Playbook. "The responsibility that we all have to make sure that we make sure we defend our republic and defend our institutions has to be above politics."

In all, 43 Republican candidates for governor, attorney general, and secretary of state who have denied the outcome of the 2020 election will be on the November ballot in 27 states, a recent report from the nonpartisan group States United Action found. Arizona, Michigan, and Alabama have such candidates running for all three of those offices in November.

snytiger6 9 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The way things are going the party has sooo much hubris they think everything they say or do appeals to their base. Unfortunately,, some in their base have a modicum of sense, mostly women,and are seeing the truth behind the MAGA crowd.

Yes, first they lost the support of independents, and are now starting to lose the support of moderates from their own party.

@snytiger6 As things crumble for them perhaps more will leave this sinking ship. A report this morning showed how a bi-partisan bill on election reform was passed. [npr.org]

Hm-mm, voters in Alabama, Arizona and Michigan can make their states MAGA trifectas.

I agree with Cheney. We need to get those useless bastards out of office. Most likely some need to be in prison.

Says the unrepentant daughter of a mass-murdering war criminal. Yeah, she has so much standing.

Yeah, I think her dad is a shit too. However, she is an angel compared to her father.

Yes, she is not one of us but at least she is standing up to her own party.

I think it could go either way. It's very scary.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.