Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Americans under felony indictment have a right to buy guns, judge rules | Reuters

Sept 20 (Reuters) - A federal law prohibiting people under felony indictment from buying firearms is unconstitutional, a federal judge in Texas has concluded, citing a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that significantly expanded gun rights.

U.S. District Judge David Counts, an appointee of Republican former President Donald Trump, reached that conclusion on Monday in dismissing a federal indictment against Jose Gomez Quiroz, who had been charged under the decades-old ban.​ ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why am I not surprise about that.

It's Texas...

I think they should issue a gun to everyone arrested when they get out on bail! Why should they have to spend their hard-earned money to buy their own from a possibly illegal dealer and get involved in crimes right away? A government issued one will cut down on overburdened courts by making witnesses disappear and cops think twice about keeping an eye on them. (SATIRE ALERT!)

I am sure that was meant satirically...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687694
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.