Agnostic.com

12 1

Have you ever taken the Myers Briggs test?

I took it over thirty years ago. They have the following 16 possible types.
extroverted or introverted
sensing or intuition
thinking or feeling
judging or perceiving

I am ESTJ

ebdb 7 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You do know that this mother and her daughter made it all up and it is pure bullocks

I have but it's meaningless to me.
In a way I think tests like it are counter productive - one completes them them feels they must live up to the indicated results.
I know myself well enough to know how or what I think about something is changeable depending on a variety of circumstances.

I really need to take it again because I can't remember what I am haha

Ben13 Level 5 Apr 29, 2018

INFP: the Healer, the Mediator, the Counselor, the Moon-brained Hippy

INTP: the Logician

ESTJ is my typal opposite. I dated one for three years. That was...interesting.

I consider MBTI to be somewhere between OCEAN and astrology. It's fun, but I don't take it very seriously.

No

I came up INTJ the first time I took it, but ISTJ every time since. I have been textbook ISTJ my entire life. Now I just have a label for it.

As to the validity of Myers Briggs testing, I tend to think it's at least 50% crap (despite it accurately describing me). It's becoming the thing you ask in place of "What's your sign?"

Year of the Dragon, BTW.

vita Level 7 Apr 29, 2018

I am also a dragon born in 1952.

You are year of the Water Dragon. I am year of the Wooden Dragon.

Every personality test is a load of crap. Believe that you can change yourself and your personality. Believe in change. Life is short and you want to experience as much as you want. A static, defined personality sucks..

@MrLizard Life and life events themselves are enough for one to assess themselves most of the time. No single is test is going to help anybody prepare for life and future. I don't see any need for personality test unless you have some serious disorders. But I appreciate your explaining. Well.. may be some individual think clearly when they are asked specific questions. And if this test is making an individual think introspectively, I have nothing against it. But most tests tend to conclude something about someone putting them in specific buckets.. which I absolutely abhor.

I did and the only thing that came out clearly was the E everything else was in the 14-16 range so it could go either way.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 29, 2018

I have! I am INTJ, which is really rare for a girl. Understanding what that means has really helped me with some of my frustrations in life.

I think I was ESTJ too

Rosh Level 7 Apr 29, 2018

INTP

However, I believe the test has been debunked so that's pretty meaningless.

ENTP

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.