Agnostic.com

3 1

How deep does ‘anti-woke’ opinion go among atheists?
When it comes to culture war issues, the most public faces of atheism tend not to represent atheists at large

[onlysky.media]

xenoview 8 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The word "woke" has been weaponized.
It's now a pejorative, and means nothing.
I'd prefer going back to "enlightened", or "aware".
The moment I hear anyone using "woke" as an insult, they lose ALL credibility with me.
I don't think being an atheist precludes anyone from also being an asshole.

"Although framed as an opening to debate and discussion1, the Dawkins tweet nonetheless fit a well-established pattern by which transgender identities are dismissed as fake and thus undermined."

Except that the Dawkins tweet does NOT dismiss transgender identities as fake.

The demand that trans males be able to compete against young women is a bridge too far and the Evangelicals, knowing this, have capitalized richly on it. Being Woke refers to many other issues, but the Trans agenda has also been well capitalized by wealthy advocates.

There are so many other absolutely critical issues. Every second spent on this one is wasted and worse.

I find the anti-woke tropes of Jerry Coyne, Richard Dawkins and others ridiculous. Coyne is obsessed. Not a day goes by where he’s not demonizing the “woke” on his blog.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.