Agnostic.com

7 12

LINK 'God's perfect timing'? Evangelists cancel Florida event after hurricane

On September 30, about a day after Hurricane Ian hit the coast of Florida, Christian evangelists (and right-wing activists) Mario Murillo and Lance Wallnau announced that their “Fire and Glory Tour” would still take place October 24-25 at Hertz Arena in Estero, Florida, just outside of Fort Myers.

… So the answer is very clear. We are not canceling. And not only are we going ahead with our plans, but we also believe the hurricane has added a great urgency to the event.

More than ever, I know why God chose Estero. And now it is crystal clear that we are in God’s perfect timing.

God knew this storm was coming and He knew what would be going on in the hearts of the people after the storm.

Bold move to say “We are not canceling” because “we are in God’s perfect timing” about 24 hours after a hurricane devastated Fort Myers. The full toll of the damage wasn’t known, but the city was clearly in shambles. (Just this morning, city officials announced that over $600 million worth of damage occurred in Fort Myers alone.)

You know how this story goes.

Yesterday, Murillo announced that they were indeed canceling. The Fort Myers leg of their tour will now take place in December because FEMA and the Red Cross will be using Hertz Arena “to help the victims of hurricane Ian during all of October.” ...

snytiger6 9 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"The Lord works in mysterious ways"...yeah...right..."FUCK these people in Ft. Myers area"..."And while I'm at it...FUCK these people in Central America and Mexico...because...I'M FUCKING GOD DAMNIT" these people never cease to amaze me as to how GULLIBLE and ILLOGICAL they can be...smfh

I guess God didn't get the advance memo from their org. about the event...

The only reason that con artist cancel was those fools with money needed far more to be fruitful to rebuild than to give money for faux spirituality which never has helped before!!!

So they didn't want to help the people of Florida?

At least those faith fools have some sense and compassion for victims of the hurricane.

There will be enough fans there of Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greenes….That’s for certain.

God's Will is a bitch. Amiright? It was Thou's judgment which brought the storm, obviously, and who am I to question Thou's judgments? Leave the whole state to suffer that judgment and reflect on their own.

@CuddyCruiser They can't have a shit sandwich without the calories.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.