Agnostic.com

6 4

Technically is it correct to classify Putin as a mass-murderer? As a dictator? As an autocrat? If some or all of these terms are correct, then should we reference him as a murderous dictator or autocrat more often?

kmaz 7 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Putin is a mass murderer. Clandestine secretive killings of others over the years prove this. Current activities in the Ukraine prove this. Why would anyone think that I would want to discuss this or argue it? The man is the strongest man in the world. He is also a bully and a psychopath.

I am seeking to discuss it because if we are to confront this and other deadly people, and put an end to their influence, the exact meaning of words and concepts is important.

As to the term "mass murderer", I do not seem t hear it often used in reference to Putin, in the press. If I am to argue that those in the media are at fault for backing off this term, then I want to be certain I am technically correct. It sounds like I am.

As to whether he is an "autocrat" or a "dictator", or if one can be both, here again, I'm not certain of which, technically applies and is correct. If I am to be critical of press failure to use certain harsh words, then I want to check with others to see if they have insight on helping me figure out which is technically correct.

How about classifying him as the leader of Russia? Americans in particular can't complain about foreign leaders considering the carnage the US has waged around the world for the better part of a century.

Sorry, but only someone who is not familiar with the past INTERNATIONAL events would say such a thing. IF and when you stopped believing in Christianity, obviously, you had an open mind to the real facts. I would urge you to review the following irrefutable evidence prior to putting much stock in what the US main stream media tells you.

From Der Spiegel, November 26, 2009 :
NATO's Eastward Expansion: Did the West Break Its Promise to Moscow?
What the US secretary of state said on Feb. 9, 1990 in the magnificent St. Catherine's Hall at the Kremlin is beyond dispute. There would be, in Baker's words, "no extension of NATO's jurisdiction for forces of NATO one inch to the east," provided the Soviets agreed to the NATO membership of a unified Germany. Moscow would think about it, Gorbachev said, but added: "any extension of the zone of NATO is unacceptable."
[spiegel.de]

Obama admitted his role in the US-supported coup in Ukraine. (First video link below).
Victoria Nuland, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State, admits in the second video that the USA supported the Ukrainian coup with 5 billion dollars. Note the Chevron symbol in the background of the video. John McCain (Senator Lovewar himself) and Victoria Nuland were in Ukraine in December 2013 amid the mass anti-government protests. (The third video is of John McCain in Ukraine addressing protesters.) During the visit, McCain met with Ukrainian opposition leaders in the country’s capital of Kiev, voicing his support for the protests, adding that he saw Ukraine’s future with Europe.
Obama admits the US-sponsored coup:

Victoria Nuland . . . 5 Billion recently, with Chevron symbol behind her
John McCain in Ukraine addressing protesters
John McCain and Lindsey Graham in Ukraine, encouraging Ukrainian soldiers to take Donesk, contrary to the Minsk Agreements
Biden's youngest son, Hunter Biden was hired to the board of Burisma Holdings, Ukraine’s largest private gas producer. The proxy Ukraine war is all about profit. The Eastern part of Ukraine is the major oil and gas producing region of Ukraine accounting for approximately 90 per cent of Ukrainian production and according to EIA (The American Energy Information Administration) may have 42 tcf (trillion cubic feet) of shale gas resources technically recoverable from 197 tcf of risked shale gas in place. Three major corporations bought millions of acres of land in Ukraine immediately after the coup . . . . no planning there at all, right? [oaklandinstitute.org]

And THIS? . . . . THIS is the literally butt naked clown Zelensky, that the USA government has such a hard on for, that they are sending 40 Billion more of our tax dollars to. . . .

If the US was so concerned about "annexation", what about the USA's ILLEGAL annexation of the WHOLE COUNTRY of UKRAINE? With the 2014 coup was backed by the USA, and Zelensky is nothing more than a puppet for the USA, remember the recording of Victoria Nuland, selecting who would become the leaders, and saying "F**k the EU"?

All of those terms fit. The media tap-dances around such terms in the name of diplomacy. Doing so is a disservice to honesty.

@kmaz

Why do you ask? All of the above describes Putin.

….and some more. Such as despot, megalomaniac, and narcissist. The last of these…narcissist is evidenced by him feeling the need to be filmed undertaking displays showing himself in macho occupations such bare chested horse riding and martial arts!

Hi - I want to make sure that I am using the words correctly. For one thing, I am not sure if it is correct yet to refer to Putin as a Dictator. For another, although I think of his track record as that of being a mass-murderer, I don't hear it referred to that way much, if at all. I realize that much press coverage tones down words, but I'm wondering if the press is right or wrong on this point.

@kmaz [dictionary.com]

Yes, though I will stick with calling him Vlad.

…the Impaler?

@Marionville I am trying to make that association. Yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691734
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.