Agnostic.com

15 16

What's a shocking thing a date said to you? His words haunt me.

"You look like a victim," a man said on our first date. "Why do you say that?" I asked, horrified. "Because you are thin, you look easy to grab," he replied. This chilled me to my core.

“That’s a horrible thing to say to a petite woman!” I said firmly. “You sound like a predator. I’m leaving.” His words haunt me still.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothing really shocking. I was slapped by a woman once because she showed me a photo of her sister and I responded in a positive way to how she looked. I was younger then.

When I told other girls, they told me that they would have hit me as well.

I was annoyed at that because I thought violence was not supposed to be ok.

Scary! As a woman you have things to worry about in dating. I don't envy you that. He sure blew it big time quickly.

As I was trying to extricate myself from an online thing after the guy begged me to send nudes (we had never met in person or sexted, in any way). He said, “That’s ok. Maybe your daughter will.”

She was 10 years old at the time.

Zster Level 8 Oct 22, 2022

PERVY creep! Sounds like a candidate for guest of the state.

He's a creep. And he probably wanted to know if you liked creepy games and playmates. Ick, I tell you. Far worse than the most shocking thing a date ever said to me, which was "ignorance is bliss."

I make it a point to meet in a neutral place the first couple of times. I've been stalked before and more than once, it's just a safeguard. All because of one guy.

We met at a coffeehouse that had a small band playing. He asked me out again as we left and I said that I'd meet him again. He lived one direction, I lived the other way and we would be meeting in the middle. He called me that week intensely pressuring me to allow him to pick me up and I just felt icky....so I said no, he started swearing and saying all women were users. I'll point out that I had paid my own way the first "date" by the way. I told him he would be blocked and did so, everywhere online that I saw him. And he did try to track me down.

YIKES! That's about as creepy as it gets. I've never had anything like that occur but I do know we all have an aura about us. That said it was never about you but a way to judge how needy you might possibly be. He is definitely a predator looking for someone to dominate/control or actually harm.
Leaving was the best thing you could have done.

I once met a guy in a bar and we were talking when he asked me what I did. I told him I was a student. He then got a look of disgust on his face and said, "Students don't have any money" and he walked away. In my mind I thought "good riddance".

I have to admit it made me a little prejudiced against guys from Singapore. I've since met other guys from there and most seem to be overly money oriented. Then again, I made a friend from there, who doesn't ever want to go back because all his relatives are too money oriented.

That was creepy. He does not know how to talk and treat women.

@vegan66

His cruel words increased my fear and anxiety.

@LiterateHiker I am sorry that we are living in a world where it is impossible to avoid people like that. You are smart, loving and kind. You have so much to give and to share with the right man. It is sad that most of us men can see and appreciate those qualities.

@vegan66

Thank you. I appreciate your kindness and understaning.

A second date where she keep listing all the reasons I don't like her (putting her words in my mouth) and then demanded that I explain what had changed and why I felt that way.

I've never encountered anything like that, but I've been ghosted more times than I can count. There was one thing a date did tell me that confirmed I would never see him again, he told me he was looking for someone to help him grow up. I told him that was his mama's job and I had already raised my children. He had dropped out of college and had a string of tedious jobs since then. I think he was living with him mama as well. Talk about a HUGE red flag.

Ugh, that is a warped thing to say. Guess it wasn't the same guy who told me on our 3rd (and last) date that he prefers "trimmer" women. Okay, well I had the same figure when we met as when we parted ways, so maybe the time to have said that was after he met me and before he asked me out. Guess that way he wouldn't have had to say it at all!

October 1973...driving to a Steve Miller Concert..."who is Steve Miller?"...WTF???????😂😂😂

I never claimed to be an expert on your gender, but I have enough sense not to say that.

I took a woman out on a date a couple years ago. She drove. She met a guy she knew at the bar. She gave me her car keys and told me to drive myself home.

How much did you get for the car?

Harsh 😂

A keeper. As in keep in a padded cell.

puff Level 8 Oct 21, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.