Agnostic.com

6 1

LINK U.S. judge blocks New York from banning guns in church | Reuters

(Personally, the overlap of religious extremists and gun nuts scares me.)

2 minute readOctober 20, 20226:22 PM PDTLast Updated 16 hours ago
U.S. judge blocks New York from banning guns in church
By Dan Whitcomb
FILE PHOTO - A sign similar to what is to be placed in the Times Square "gun free zone" is displayed regarding new gun laws in New York
FILE PHOTO - A sign similar to what is to be placed in the Times Square "gun free zone" is seen after a news conference with New York Governor Kathy Hochul and New York City Mayor Eric Adams regarding new gun laws in New York, U.S., August 31, 2022. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

Oct 20 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Thursday barred the state of New York, at least for now, from enforcing the part of a closely watched gun law that bans firearms from churches or other places of worship.

The ruling marks the latest victory for gun owners in a tug-of-war with the state of New York over its strict new statute, which as of Sept. 1 makes obtaining a license more difficult and prohibits firearms in a long list of "sensitive" public and private places. read more ...

snytiger6 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since I don't go to church I don't need to worry about that ruling but it is a stupid ruling.

Govt. have been linked to so many murders for decades, now they want people against people and not govt. against people like it used to be.

I sometimes get the feeling that the Republicans and the NRA in the US want people to kill each other.

Betty Level 8 Oct 21, 2022

Right to life if you’re not born. Right to die in a hail of bullets from all sides after.

@Barnie2years It does feel that way. So sad. 😟

Nah they just want to sell more guns.

@Lorajay Yeah, that is my take. They, the republican party and the NRA, want more guns out there, so that more people get shot, and people get scared, cast votes against their own best interests and buy yet more guns. It's a planned cycle of fear to increase profits for gun manufacturers.

Those of you with pistols should sit in the front pews, while those of you with rifles should sit at the back. Your target practice for today include the cross at the front as well as the preacher.

Given current Court rulings, if you have a permit you may as well carry everywhere, regardless of signage or laws. The NRA and other gun groups will help pay for your defense. And if you actually make the effort to conceal, no one should know you are carrying. Like a case last year here, where a kid went on a shooting rampage and an armed citizen drew his weapon and wounded him. Even though the mall had a no gun policy, the good guy with a gun was hailed a hero and not punished.

Good. Too many people, especially liberal people, die in Church because only god can protect them. If the nation isn't going to deal with the problem, for reals, then people need guns.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.