Agnostic.com

3 7

Today his poor overburden planet will experience a milestone. [overpopulation-project.com] “We can’t go on like this. We can’t push human population growth under the carpet. I would encourage every single conservation organization, every single government organization to consider the absurdity of unlimited economic development on a planet of finite natural resources.” Jane Goodall
Unfortunately, the media is bending over backwards (like NPR) to show this is at worst, benign and at best, a good thing. More and more it seems our public broadcasting system is controlled by corporations.

JackPedigo 9 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

its not the number its the nature, the lifestyle, the selfishness, the ignorance and greed.

It's actually a combination. A small number can live a lavish lifestyle but a number cannot. Even in today's world the majority of the world are impoverished. Too many think the US way of life is the norm. Far from it.

Like every creature on the planet, who's population grows unchecked, nature will overcome our ability to control it and reduce the population one way or another: disease, war, climate, or asteroid collision.

We can and we will, go for nine.

If we make it. Right now the odds are we will not. And if we do!? Does no one think the way we are headed (80+ million net a year) can be maintained? Doe anyone, in their right mind think the dire shituation we are in today can be reversed!?

@JackPedigo Circa 80 years ago, I heard nuns talk of being happy in their heaven.

My heaven then was watching humans do what humans would do. It’s now nothingness.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695583
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.