Agnostic.com

9 18

Today I made a Pear-Gingerbread Upside-Down Cake.

Gave pieces to my hairdresser, ex-husband and his girlfriend.

Recipe from Cooking Light. Only 224 calories. Delicious!

What are you making for dessert for Thanksgiving?

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't cook this year since I'm deployed with the red cross. They serviced a full Thanksgiving dinner catered by cracker barrel. I usually make an apple pie for family celebrations

Looks delicious. Despite a failed apple crop I had a bumper crop of pears this year. Canned a dozen pints of pears and another dozen jars of spiced pear butter. I love upside down cakes but would have to eat the whole thing myself which would be too much. For me it's better to can my fruits.

Yum 😋...I made a Apple/Blueberry Cake yesterday...my three kids were here...this is what's left...and that was AFTER they killed a whole Lasagna I made...

got any free samples?? a pallet load full would do.

Looks yummy but I really don't do desserts. I stay away from sugar. Too addicting.

Mom most likely purchased a pumpkin pie. I have to work tomorrow so dessert making is out for me.

I seldom do dessert, tomorrow will be no exception. This will be the second Thanksgiving with my DIL, we are still getting used to her tastes. I'll be bringing shrimp with a sweet and mild heat sauce, plus chicken.

That looks delicious! I got Cooking Light for years and still have some favorite recipes from them.

My daughter requested my white chocolate cheesecake, so I'll be making that tomorrow (we celebrate Friday), and we'll have enough left to freeze individual slices for later.

White Chocolate Cheesecake...now That sounds serious 😂

@phoenixone1 It is seriously delicious. (^.^) Rich, but not overly sweet.

I am not making any desserts, my kids will be doing that and middle daughter is hosting. I am cooking a vegan version of green bean casserole and a sweet potato casserole. My daughter's sister in law is vegan, so we try to accommodate her needs as well. Knowing my daughters there will be more than enough food for all, for several days.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696967
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.