Agnostic.com

5 5

2021 movie "Cloudy Mountain" #naturaldisaster, #heroism, #mountaineering, #railwayengineers, #railwaysoldiers, #selfsacrifice. Will it be decried by USA as propaganda?

A fascinating movie that if nothing else identifies why China is a virtually unstoppable winner. The railway soldiers had the highest peace time deathrate in the Chinese military whilst creating engineering feats throughout China.

Rent or buy the movie at [vudu.com]

Australian TV, On Demand SBS, with English subtitles.

FrayedBear 9 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't watched Cloudy Mountain yet. But I think it's something epic. I liked the trailer. Although I'm not used to seeing so many Asian faces in one movie.

Lol, go & lunch at your local chinese cooperative food house or market - you'll see lots of asian faces there.

I'm not a big fan of movies about the Far East. But I really like Japanese and Korean action movies of recent years. I liked The Squid Game. This is really something amazing. A good thriller. As far as I know, it is now becoming very popular in South Korea to shoot thrillers or horror films about zombies. On 123Movies I watched Train to Busan. It's about people who got on a train in a zombie apocalypse. It was scary to watch. I've seen people fight for their lives and choose allies. It's always interesting to watch (like in Walking Dead). And now I plan to watch Cloudy Mountain this week. Thanks.

I hope that you enjoy.
Don't recall any xombies though. There may have been a ghost or two . . .😁

If the do then they should look at their own film industry. U571 depicts the Americans as getting the cipher machines when in fact it was the British. But never let the facts stand in the way of a good bit of propaganda.

??

@FrayedBear
Will it be decried by USA as propaganda?
In the title

@Budgie the film, I now learn U571 is a film that I have not seen. U571 is a nazi U boat.
Therefore I'm none the wiser.

@FrayedBear In the film it is the plucky, daring americans that attack the subs to get the cypher codes. In real life it was the British.

@Budgie effing typical. They'll steal anything to try make themselves feel superior. Little do the realize the scorn it attracts & results in them being considered inferior.

If you want to see a true real-life tale of courage, compassion and true grit then I can seriously recommend this documentary. It is a mountaineering tale I do not think will ever be equalled. And I also agree that had they been westerners, their names would be on everyone's lips by now.

They have been making some pretty good movies lately, and since it is their country, why wouldn't they be the winners and come out on top? It's not like we don't do the same here.
It's a national pride thing, I guess.
I have a small collection of Chinees and So. Korean and Japanese movies that I enjoy watching.

You speak the languages?

@FrayedBear. No, I wish I did, but they do have English subtitles. lol

@MrDragon ditto.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:698699
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.