Agnostic.com

10 5

INDONESIA BANS SEX OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE: Indonesia’s Parliament has approved a new criminal code which bans anyone in the country from having sex outside of marriage…sex outside marriage will carry a a jail term of up to a year under new laws…
Indonesia passes criminal code banning sex outside marriage [bbc.co.uk]

Marionville 10 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We all know how teens and young adult react to the "forbidden".

Betty Level 8 Dec 7, 2022

True…the jails will be pretty full.

@Garban Are you saying that you would likely get caught?

Smh. Like they have no bigger problems to solve.

That’s been pointed out by those in opposition…

Less draconian than one child ideas and will create a more managed, stable, society. Won't help Earth as we've hit 8B and that will double faster. I think it's funny. Aliens might eulogize us as being unable to control ourselves.

P.S. Parts of the Australian press have called this the "Bali bonk ban": [bbc.com]

P.P.S. The immorality of the Indonesian legislature is absolutely breathtaking.

Yes…I read that BBC report too. It’s an extremely corrupt country …I’ve visited both Java and Bali and know firsthand about the bribery conducted by immigration officials and the police. I guess the politicians are cut from the same cloth!

What proportion of 15 to 30 year olds will they put prison?

Too many probably…but it’s more likely to be females and homosexuals who will suffer most I feel sure!

@Marionville I fear over my lifetime I'd have had few years out of jail and so not met my wives.

@rogerbenham Oh well…just as well you didn’t have the misfortune to live under such an oppressive regime!

Problem is Indonesia has a serious population problem. Thailand became on of the success stories concerning limiting family size [context.org]. It has been said over and over and over, either we deal with overpopulation in a respectful, peaceful way or not. This is the not side. Sometimes people's rights are contingent upon the system (natural) under which those rights exist.

It's time we banned Indonesia.

It’s becoming more Islamic…and it’s the most populous Muslim country too!

@Marionville populous is the key point. The current population density of Indonesia in 2022 is 143.73 people per square kilometer, a 0.64% increase from 2021. compare that to Ireland: The current population density of Ireland in 2022 is 71.47 people per square kilometer, a 0.73% increase from 2021.

@JackPedigoA little bit less in Canada but of course, any figure is unrealistic as easily 90% of Canada's population lives within 200 km of the USA border. As a matter of fact, although I am 1000 km from the 49th parallel, I am within 300 miles of the Alaska panhandle. In my province, 2/3rds of BC lives within 200 km of Vancouver, 1/3rd occupying the rest.

@rogerbenham Due to a typo, @JackPedigo will not have been alerted to your reply.

@anglophone Nope, I was.

@JackPedigo What have I missed here? (I saw the @JackPedigoA and thought you would not have been alerted. And my thanks in advance to you.)

Child marriage will be on the uptick.

The Muslims like them married off early. So do the evangelical Xtians….just in case they get urges they can’t control!

So basically more cannon fodder for the future wars that will come.

@Marionville Married women are also more Con and desirous of a grandchild supply.

@rainmanjr Some married women. There is a huge number that will not have children simply because they see the future and it is not pretty. There's even a group for this ChildFREE by Choice. [childfreebychoice.com]

@JackPedigo Indonesian women won't have children? Will they be granted such an allowance? American married women are known to be more Red than single women. That's the power of children and how much they affect a particular budget. Grandparents are better off than the parents, often, so are more willing for the couple to have more.

@rainmanjr Propaganda to have kids come from everywhere, media, relatives, society, etc. CBC dispels some of the propaganda but, in the end, nature will have the final say and she is not a loving mom. According to my late partner, one time in Iran one got a tax break for the 1st child, nothing for the 2nd and had to pay for the 3rd. Imagine that in this country.

@JackPedigo Hard to do. I don't think any tax breaks should be given for children, though. Yes, there is pressure to have them but, thankfully, I (and my ex) successfully resisted that pressure. I disagree about nature being unloving. She gives to us what we give to her and we've not been loving since Chief Seattle lost his land. I think the Pulpit and family's pressure, along with discomfort of condom and nature, accounts for most American childbirths.

@rainmanjr It's easy to say in these times. Going back to past times it didn't matter what we did even if we obeyed her rules. One thing absent is, don't want a condom get a vasectomy. World wide more women get sterilized than men. [sciencedirect.com].
"Worldwide, sterilization is still the most common method of pregnancy prevention with 180 million women relying on female sterilization and 42 million men relying on vasectomy for contraception."

@JackPedigo Humans are a sad lot. I would be inclined to favor tying tubes over a vasectomy so can't judge my brethren on this.

@rainmanjr Why, when a vasectomy is so much easier (and actually cut birthrates more than getting tubes tied). A historian of native American history once told a group I was in the natives understood the importance of a stable population. Having more than the tribes could support often meant infanticide. Many tribal men learned how to give themselves a vasectomy using thorns from Roses.

@JackPedigo I know but it turns my stomach.

Why they think a person's sex life is their business, is beyond me.

Religion tells them it is their business.

@Marionville Unfortunately.

Population affects the entire village, even a nation, so they have a strong interest in sexual attitudes. When any activity or practice begins to cost the state money then they have a right to get involved. Witness automobile safety laws.

"You are not going to have sex, unless the government tells you to have sex."

PS. Anybody up for a little anarchy and defy the government, my place tonight about eight ?

Sounds like a plan.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:698917
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.