Agnostic.com

4 13

LINK Kari Lake goes out with a whimper: She couldn't galvanize Trump's Jan. 6 army | Salon.com

In the spirit of the Warnock win, or more specifically the Trump candidate Walker loss, here is a follow-up opinion piece from Salon's Amanda Marcotte why the downstream state level elections couldn't drum up the same intensity (read insurrection) as Trump did on Jan. 6 almost 2 years ago.

RichCC 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ya know……I can’t tell if she’s a dyke, or a drag queen. What a fuckin’ mug.

I'm going with drag queen because she's pretty heavily made-up.

I find it ironic that they only imply that the MAGA cult leader was Donald Trump.

Well…..he is. Kari Lake is just another follower, that’s about it. There’s only one Trump, the rest are cheap imitators who are incapable of forming their own identities.

The MAGA movement will always be lurking around the next corner until the major instigators are dealt with, and are enjoying lengthy prison time.

Time will tell. Giuliani is the worst IMO. once a respected Federal prosecutor who took down most of the organized crime here, transformed into a total Trumpanzee.

@CuddyCruiser He's an alcoholic, and probably certifiably insane. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were arrested, and is offered a deal to give info. on Trump. 🙂

@Organist1 LOL…..certainly would not surprise me!! I can never forget his nutty rant of ‘THE TRUTH ISNT THE TRUTH!’!! and one time when he was sweating profusely.

It’s really a shame what happened to him. He did a great job running NYC and the fact that he was a Republican elected here of all places says something. Seems nothing good ever comes of associating with Trumpty after all. But the blame is just as much his, his own weakness as to why he let himself slip away.

@CuddyCruiser His is the steepest downfall I have ever witnessed. I can only think that it was the money and perceived power which attracted him initially. Combine that with the fear of irrelevance and growing older, shoe polished hair and lots of alcohol, and...voila! Rudy!

@CuddyCruiser His great success against crime was largely due to Bernie Karick (sp) who is now in jail.

@rainmanjr In the 80s as prosecutor and as mayor later he at least had a little more sense back then. And Karick never had a good reputation as Police Commissioner. Benjamin Ward was commissioner during the same time Giuliani was US Attorney, from 83 to 89, and Ward was a well respected commissioner.

@CuddyCruiser MSM said it was Karick's strategy to clean up graffiti, replace broken windows, and make the place look "lived in." The easier things dissuaded poorer segments from hanging out in those areas so crime fell. IDK. I visited Times Square for a week in 1979 and it wasn't pretty.

I hope it's over now, but I'm not sure that it is. I was watching the results come in last night and not long before the race was called, there was only a few hundred votes separating the candidates. When one of those candidates did not meet the Constitutional requirements to appear on the ballot, I am still pretty confident that Republicans if not conservatives generally are still willing to cheat to win. I don't know about anyone else but I personally am not willing to cheat to win and that might be their greatest asset.

I watched that too (on web NPR). I don't know how timely or accurate their coverage was but it was exciting to track. For a while Warnock was up ~10%. Then Walker caught up and took the lead. Then they flip-flopped back and forth a couple of times.

Then I saw that the remaining counties to report in GA were all around Atlanta (blue country) and I decided it wasn't worth my time to pay close attention anymore.
Pretty pathetic but I'm definitely glad the result is what it is. Ha, ha.🙂

Nothing will ever change……they’re incapable of learning IMO because they have their heads too far up Trumpty Dumptys ass.

That anyone would support Walker is just more evidence of how stupid repubs are. Of course we already knew that after 2016….👀

@RichCC Yeah...it was kind of like watching the World Series, only my team eventually lost.

@Organist1 Your team lost?

@Jolanta The Philadelphia Phillies eventually lost the World Series this year, but put up a great fight against the Astros.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.