Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Germany Arrests 25 Accused In Attempted Coup

This is an attempt to establish The Fourth Reich. They should be lined up against a wall and shot.

barjoe 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Beider-Meinoff Gang were the terrorists I patrolled to stop (should they invade) so I've been aware of German extremists for a long time. They are why the German Police are allowed to beat the holy shit out of you before asking your name. What I note, from this story, is that it didn't take German Prosecutors two years to maybe go after them and call it a coup attempt. This is how a serious nation operates but the cost is lots of innocent people who get the shit beat out of them for nothing.

Not a serious nation, a serious coup attempt. As compared to a bunch of disorganised protesters who were allowed access far too easily into the "seat of power" building and.............hardly interrupted the workings of government at all. And 'm sure the German's will have some sort of an enquiry and some grievances may be addressed if found valid.
That is what a serious nation would do.

Do you see the parallels between this and the Ukraine/ Russia situation?
If we were serious about peace, Russian grievances about the conduct of NATO since 2008, the year that seems to have been the turning point in relations, would have diffused things. Everyone is forced to be serious now.

@puff So the legality of a coup attempt rests on how compitent it was? That's novel. If really successful then who would be doing the prosecution?

Even Germany doesn't see those parallels. We have debated your position and I've given up trying to point out the fallacies. Shrug. I do hope POTUS Joe causes massive stomach upsets, gnashing of teeth, and sleepless nights as that's what liberals have gone through since 1980.

@rainmanjr Coup suggests planned and organised. But I suppose, the standard for "planned and organised" is rather low in some nations.
"Even Germany doesn't see those parallels" Really? What is this post about again? It seems to me some Germans did see parallels. Some Germans did not appreciate their pipeline being blown up, the one they built and paid for, with their government seemingly OK with that. Been many protests, a big one the day before Russia invaded when Nord Stream was suspended by the German govt.
It's sad when societies have a rise in right wing sentiment, more public support. But usually predictable.

@puff I really don't get you but that's okay. I don't get many things, anymore. It's important for Putin to lose in Ukraine and for Europe to get off of his oil. Whatever accomplishes both is fine with me. Not being a German tax-payer I also don't care about them. War is Hell.

@rainmanjr Becoming right wing is being more selfish and placing self interest first. Happens when things are imposed on them that affect them personally. Can happen anywhere.
Putin losing in Ukraine is in America's interest mainly. Stopped being about Ukrainian freedom long ago with Zelenski cracking down on opposing parties, media and now anything Russian including art and language. Ukranian people are not free under Zelenski.
Europe not utilizing Russian oil is in America's interest. J ust changes who Europe is dependent on for energy.
Some in Germany are seeing what is happening is not in Germany's interest but also see who is benefiting, so seek that things change to benefit their nation first.
Some Germans are extreme in views and organised and authorities pounced. But the reason they sought to make Germany become more nationalist remains so think Germany has a problem.

@puff As I say, I'm only interested in States of America. You don't seem crazy but I can't go along with your problems about POTUS Joe. If you're on our side then I don't see the point in hurting him for subjective reasons.

@rainmanjr Not POTUS Joe, NATO.
What happened to Libya still blows my mind. It was the most prosperous country in Africa. A few months later, open air slave markets.
Wasn't China or Russia who did it, it was NATO. NATO is a European/ American defensive alliance. Libya is in Africa and was not threatening Europe nor the American continent.
No repercussions for NATO over Libya, none at all. All American's care about is Benghazi, the same Islamic nutters Ghaddafi was attempting to suppress.
I may come across as pro Russian, but it is more anti-NATO, which ends up being anti-US as they seem to push NATO boundaries the most. I trace it back to the Patriot Act when everything went to shit.
NATO needs tension with Russia to justify it's existence. Wish Russia had not invaded Ukraine but understand expansionist and active NATO is no innocent bystander.

@puff Interesting points you make. I certainly can't say you're wrong about Libya but I see it as stuck in a past very few care about. Such complaints only serve to work against all our interests. It's important that POTUS Joe succeeds in rebuilding this nation into a modern entity. Right now we are quickly headed the way of Afghanistan but Americans have El-Kabonged that. If we can finally get started on that goal then I don't think we should hinder him for the sake of yesterday. The world does not operate fairly and, logically, can't. It's too big and too many interests are at play. Rank Choice might help with our politics but Europe wanted to grant nations membership in NATO just as much as American Presidents. Having enough nuclear weapons to defend against a Russian launch stored in one major location has been safer, and cheaper, for all. That allowed a long period of European growth. Yes, NATO held it's hand out to these nations but it was them who asked to join. If that stuck in Putin's craw then too bad. He should have offered Europe something more than oil and extortion.

@rainmanjr
Back to subject, Germany has a problem with right wing views gaining. I'm in agreement with them in that NATO should pull their head in. Their other agenda, whatever it is, not so much.
I don't think this will be the end of it. Peasants are not happy and if Winter proves to be harsh, more to follow.

@puff Humans are tiresome.

I'm surprised the US did not recognise them as the legitimate government straight away like they did Venezuela and Ukraine.

puff Level 8 Dec 7, 2022

You don't think Ukraine government should be recognized? Did you read the Fuckity-Fuck Russia was behind this plot? I know you and your buddies hate America. Fuck off.

@barjoe He's the funny one among them, though, and that counts for something in my world.

@barjoe Just seems as with the two countries mentioned that the US usually recognises coup attempts as successful, usually before the domestic populace are aware one has happened.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, which is why I love it so much.

@barjoe Russia is behind everything bad, this is well known. Perhaps the US is pissed coup's are being organised without their input?

@puff This is not some banana republic. This was in Germany.

@barjoe Every nation is a banana nation.

@rainmanjr not true

Why waste ammunition on them? I am sure that there are a few gibbets lying around that we could use, and I wonder if there are any oubliettes that are still serviceable.

The Far Right is dangerous in whatever country they fester in. Like mold, they grow and are toxic.

Perfect analogy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699174
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.