Agnostic.com

6 28

December 13, 2022 6:30pm EASTERN TIME USA - Sasha Sagan (Carl Sagan's daughter) will be speaking for the American Humanist Association about celebrating the holidays in a meaningful way, while being a skeptic.

For those who enjoy celebrating the holidays without the religious fluff, this talk might be of interest. I enjoyed Sasha Sagan's book, "For Creatures Small as We" so I'll be viewing this presentation live for free, as it happens, or maybe viewing the recorded version later, since it will be available You Tube. See the link below for more information. I've put it on my calendar. This is right up my alley! 🙂

[americanhumanist.org]

Julie808 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did tune in to the zoom presentation live. It was very pleasant to hear my thoughts on the season validated by intelligent conversation. It was recorded, so it will be available shortly on replay.

Sasha Sagan is the daughter of Ann Druyan and Carl Sagan. She is raising a family of her own now and facing the challenges of celebrating the holidays with a mixture of cultural and nature inspired factors. I really enjoyed it! Nice way for me to start off my secular holiday season, being a skeptic and trying not to be a cynic about the holidays.

THANKS ~ I SHALL SPREAD THE WORD.
We need common & reasononed assessment & discussions about so many science related topics.

Very interesting. I'll look for some of her talks.

She is wonderful! I loved her book "For Small Creature Such as We". It's a must read, I think.

I’d hit it.

I don't think she's into fake doctors.

@Dave375
I assume you didn’t go to college???

Interesting...thanks for the info...Happy, Merry, Gobbleween Year.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699538
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.