Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Fox News Host Grills Satanic Temple Co-Founder in Bonkers Interview

Fox News aired an uncomfortable interview with a leader of The Satanic Temple on Thursday night, which ended with host Jesse Watters saying he thought his guest "wanted to go to Hell."

Watters opened the segment by discussing the announcement of an "after-school Satan club" at a primary school in Virginia. Some angry parents have recently railed against the proposal, with one mom telling Fox News that it indicates that "we are failing our children."

Watters then welcomed on Lucien Greaves, co-founder of The Satanic Temple. The pair's conversation quickly got a little awkward, however, as Watters asked Greaves increasingly personal questions.

"If Satan's evil, why should kids be in an evil club?" Watters asked.

"Well, obviously we don't view Satan as evil, and it really doesn't matter to us what your mythology is surrounding Satan," Greaves replied. "You need to ask yourself if your distaste over us identifying as Satanists is strong enough that you would abandon the principles of free speech and religious liberty."

Watters then talked about how he thinks of Satan.

"I always thought Satan was like, sex," he said. "Like, when you're 18: Satan, sex, do your thing. But I don't know if I would want Satan in schools. You understand how parents feel, right?"

Greaves said that many parents feel the same way about the idea of evangelical after-school clubs. Those who don't want to send their kid to an after-school Satan club don't have to, he said.

snytiger6 9 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hail Sanity...

Hail Satan!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700903
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.