Agnostic.com

3 9

The Stupidity of the Ignorant

St-Sinner 9 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Imagine how I felt yesterday when I found that a young favorite actress of mine was having some trouble and depression in her life so she turned to religion, started mumbling to the sky, and became an anti-vaxxer. Totally ignorant.

Religion gets you at your weak moments like - going through a hardship, your loved one being sick, financial problems, health problems or facing a hard challenge that you have no confidence in solving. One of my hardcore atheist cousins turned to religion when his daughter got sick. I am sure his wife persuaded him. There is another thing that happens that most don't vividly notice. The religious slowly start gathering around him/her and start giving advice.

Ignorant? Are they now? No, they've chosen to lobotomize themselves knowing that many alternative are available. The insecurity of not being special in their own minds blocks rationality, and the lies they know are lies are embraced anyway.

Crazy for sure. Why would an all knowing being need such foolish rituals?

Unity Level 7 Dec 18, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.