Agnostic.com

5 9

I probably grab something from a fast food restaurant every two or three months. Unfortunately I also do lots of fast food made at home though. I have a feeling the rotisserie chickens I often buy and the heat in the microwave sausage patties are just as bad as fast food restaurant food.

[cnn.com]

Lorajay 9 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ovoid the chemicals ( preservatives )
I read eating less process foods is all around better because your system accommodates & maintains a better bi-om( bacteria). I have a " George Forman"
grill which does all meat to perfection.🙂🍄

At my Costco i can see the chickens being cooked....i like food i can see being cooked!

There's an awful lot to unpack here but my incipient geriatric decrepitude hampers memeeting the challenge.

I'm glad you mentioned "the heat in the microwave sausage patties" which assuages my fear of encountering any meat in the silly sausages or otherwise making a complete anagram of myself.

Buy only free range chickens, insert butter under the skin then roast in the oven.

Stay turned for more tips in this rotisserie series of serious searing

I do most of the cooking in our house, and I tend to make meals which are (1)quick and easy to fix and low in calories, or (2) one pot dinners (stews, soups, chili, or chicken dishes) which last several days. As a diabetic, I watch the carbs and calories closely.

I went to Sam's Club yesterday for gas, paid $2.97⁹ (NJ) which is a price break for this area and as always I ran in and grabbed a $5 chicken. I don't consider that fast food. I don't know the seasoning or the rub they use, but otherwise it's just a big roaster and it's cheaper than I could make it at home. If you have a genetic predisposition for amyloid placque, a healthy diet probably won't save you. If you don't, a bad diet isn't going to cause it. It might kill you before you reach senility, but you can't worry about what reheating food in the microwave may or may not do. It is what it is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:703624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.