Agnostic.com

5 1

How did you come up with your profile name?

AstralSmoke 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My name is Gary. Friends used to call me GareBear because of my size and my similarities to the characteristics of a gay subculture known as Bears, older, larger, usually hairy guys who are typically dominant. The 517 is an old street address.

That's cool. (I'm beginning to dislike 'cool' again). What city was that in? Were you a biker bear?! I didn't know much about the local gay community here but loved going to the 'one' gay bar. It was the best place to dance. A lot of diversity as far as people go too.

I was in Santa Barbara which for many years essentially had one gay bar that was frequented by many types of people. Lots of straights liked to come to dance which was fine with me. What I found harder to accept was that the straight dance bars in town wouldn't let gays dance. Got "86'd" a couple of times trying to break the barrier.

Last time I was on a motorcycle was in San Francisco in the early '70's. I liked it but my partner at the time hit a stone wall and was seriously injured. Frankly, they scare me now.

This is my story and I'm sticking to it. I happily started out as Edward59. I responded to posts etc., learned the site. One response I made was leaning slightly toward the sarcastic. Those that know me know it's a rare occurrence, but it has been known to happen. I was responding to one of @VictoriaNotes, then VictoriaNeuroNotes, responses. I mentioned to her that her name was too long. It was meant as a joke. The next day, maybe even the same day, she changed it. In my far-reaching wisdom and sarcasm, I changed my name to EdwTheNotSoCool. I believe I used up every space available. After a few days, I wrote Admin telling them the background story and begging them to let me change it again. They gladly offered me a second wish (I could hear them laughing in the background). By this time, @silvereyes and I were collaborating on a word nursery, nogginthumpt is our first child (just an interesting side note). 'silvereyes' and I worked on-and-off on a profile name for me for about a week. I eventually came up with Astral and soon afterward she came up with Smoke. So thanks, VictoriaNotes and silvereyes.

@silvereyes And such a nice story as well. (🙂)

I was signing up for a chat account (or message board or something) back in college during midterms and I was super stressed, so I chose "stresser" as my username. I continued to use it for other accounts, until it was already taken. So, I just reversed it. And now it's the username I generally use on sites like this and Ashley Madison.

That's cool. I've looked at your name every way but backwards. Another answered question in the wonders of life! Thanks.

its my name

Sounds very French.

germanic tribe from Gotschee ( umlaut over the O) which was in an area that is currently called Slovenia

Gottschee is what I came up with at Wikipedia. I'll have to learn more. I didn't realize there were any German-speaking people that far southeast. Thanks.

they were the furthest southeastern settlement of germanic people. CHarlemagne told these people from the Black Forest/Bavaria to migrate there about 800 years ago. They kept their own dialect which is not usually recognized as german at this point.Tito dismantled most of their towns, taking down gravestones and houses to pave the roads. All the towns were renamed with slavic names

Bucketlist - dreams coming true.making them happen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.