Agnostic.com

1 1

I just ran into a guy who told me that he's never had alcohol and therefore he's never been drunk.
I was flabbergasted. I told him: “Dude, there’s so much of life that you’ve never stumbled over, passed out under, or threw up on!”

Benthoven 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My parents used to allow us alcohol once in a while as kids. It was always part of some festivity like egg nothing at Christmas or wine at a special dinner. When I went to college away from home I was astounded at how much alcohol was abused by fellow residents in my dorm who had never been allowed to drink before leaving home. They thought of it as a right of passage. To me it is a part of celebrating friendships and using it as a "social lubricant." Traveling in Europe while in college I learned about all kinds of delicious liqueurs to be served and savored out of tiny stemware glasses. I keep a fully stocked bar at home but never drink alone. Sadly, so many people have abused alcohol and can no longer partake that I hardly ever am able to serve it to friends. They never learned to appreciate the finesse with which so many wines and liquors have been made or to savor them as one would any artistic creation. So sad.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.