Agnostic.com

12 5

what did god do before creation?

I like the idea that we are created in gods image. Why did god have teeth? Or a penis? What did god do before he made everything. Did he just float around in the darkness jacking off?

SleepingOnABoat 7 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Think wow so this is perfection huh its preaty boring but you know what would be entertaining
"Jersy Shore"

why did he give jews foreskins?

precreate

Comtemplating a non-existing being's recreation before time existed. Think thats all the time I have for that.

Sitting outside of space and time, plotting and planning Adam and Eve’s failure to punish them later on for it.

In Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim series, he writes about god making countless failed attempts to create the universe before achieving success. Not sure where he picked up the mythology from, but the Sandman Slim series incorporates a lot of existing mythology. The existing text might make for an interesting read.

I have it on good authority that he spent an eternity trying to master the theremin but eventually gave up and decided to focus on building universe models. He got bored with that about 14 billion years ago, and now spends most of his time watching "I Love Lucy" reruns.

He drank. How else do you explain this mess.

Hung out alone, and drank a lot of wine ...

Well, according to the Bible god is lightness--not darkness: 1 John 1:5 "This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all." So, it would seem, at least according to this line of belief, since god is light, without darkness, this god would have to create darkness or, at least, shield some of its light in order for there to be any darkness. So, I suppose it was hanging around basking in its own light until it decided it needed tiny little mortal beings to fear and worship it--or else!

The gnostic belief is that he wanted to exerience or see himself so created life to do just that. Bit like a mirror.
Seems logical to me,if you were god it would be tad lonely and boring ,you would need something to bounce an opinion off.....like my wife asking me if her dress looks good before we go out for dinner,you need a second opinion.

He played 'Telephone' with the other gods.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.