Agnostic.com

6 6

Imagine there’s no heaven. Is it always easy if you try?

[onlysky.media]

xenoview 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is no need to try when you know it is a non existent consolation prize. πŸ™‚

He could mention that grief counselling might provide her with additional succour.

Yes (so long as you’re secure with your own ideas).

I always thought that was such an odd line in the song.
People have imagined a heaven so long that they think they have to imagine no heaven for it to go away.
I'm not great at the imagine game.
I've had dear family die all my life. Sometime I even talk to them even though they aren't around, because I didn't get closure before their passage.
Sure it would be great to meet in a virtual heaven of some kind, but so would winning a billion dollar lottery.
I am sorry for all those heart broken people, but the world has always been this way as far as I can tell, they told me about Santa Clause too.
We need to find realistic means to deal with our grief.
Said by someone who knows grief so much that I can assure you that you'll carry it as long as you can, as a form of holding on to someone that will never know nor benefit from your pain.
False hope is false.
Acceptance is hard.
It's ok to not accept it for decades sometimes, just don't damage yourself by entertaining false hopes.

Try? Try what, exactly....i have a life to live, a shoulder to get replaced, who has time for such nonsense?

I don't have to imagine.
None of that shit exists.
I'm good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:705865
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.