Agnostic.com

5 1

Are you the type of person who is willing to give 'the benefit of the doubt' when your heart is at risk?

atheist 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes but super carefully, and sometimes with verification.

Hard to say. It would depend on what issue(s) and how much respect and trust was shared.

No way!

On rare occasions similar to what @Arcosanti said, but extremely rarely.

My bottom line is trust but verify.

Not nearly as much as I used to be. When I was younger, I thought in terms of "what I want in a man/relationship". Now, I find it's much more a case of "what I DON'T want". Probably why I will remain single. That is in no way meant to be taken as a complaint. All I mean is that having given the benefit of the doubt too many times has caused my heart to have built up a fairly significant layer of scar tissue. I doubt I'll be in another romantic relationship, and I'm no longer looking for it. I've got other stuff going on.

I love men, but chose to fly solo about 5 years ago, and have been quite happy so far. I live this way in part because I seem to be a magnet for really unhealthy men, but also because I require a great deal of time to myself (or in my head) have yet to meet a man who understands or respects this, and is secure enough to know this has nothing to do with how I feel about them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.