Agnostic.com

10 12

Like most adults, we are working with different scripts.

"All the world's a stage and all men and women are merely players," William Shakespeare wrote in "As You Like It."

Via Fitness Singles, next week I will meet a new man who is a physical therapist in Seattle. He is driving to his Methow Valley cabin through Wenatchee where I live.

I love conversation and laughter. With most men, we get revved up with fun phone conversations.

This man has been incomunicado. Nothing except texting: "How about Friday at 4:15?" for our first phone conversation.

Yawn.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good luck!

I have traveled to the Methow Valley and Wenatchee with my sister and her husband a few times. They live in Spokane and are avid cross country skiers. It is one of the most beautiful towns I have ever visited.

Happy hunting.

Maybe next time he comes through town he won't be in such a hurry. Gotta wonder why he doesn't leave on Wednesday, take his time, and rest up at his cabin before the race, but it's none of my business.

I have no advice or comment, except just a smile at remembering the beauty of the Methow Valley. Had some nice times there 45 years ago, and have only been back a few times over the decades. Doesn't seem like a place to go through in a rush. Hopefully he can look you up when he's got more time.

Anytime someone claims their life to be some unattainable dream of globetrotting adventure and unbroken success, I can smell the stink of that bullshit all the way from Florida. If he has time for everything but meeting you even though he belongs to a dating site then this dream life he's claiming exists only in his imagination.

He can't meet or the illusion will be broken.

Just my $0.02.

Sad but true.

He's an Ironman obsessed with fitness.

On Thursday he is driving from Seattle to Methow Valley (250-300 miles) for a cross country ski race THAT DAY.

On Friday he returns through Seattle and on to British Columbia to downhill ski.

No time to stop and meet me or have a bite to eat.

I wish you the best of luck with the guy, and I will keep my thoughts to myself about him.

Well, now you know where you are in terms of his priorities. And nothing except texting perhaps because it's easier to text with his wife in the other room

@Cyklone

On Fitness Singles I met several men who are so busy training for competitions they have no time for a relationship.

Constantly training for races: bicycling, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, etc.

But what a body! Yum. 🙂

@LiterateHiker some sweets can look pretty good but when you bite into them you find that the taste doesn't live up to the sppearance. 😅

Sounds like he is Full Of Himself 😐

Everyone today is working with a different script. I met a woman from China and she thinks because I am not a Republican like her dead husband that it means I am a Democrat. She has no concept of a Progressive. She also thinks that the Spanish Flu happened in 1945. These are just cultural things that she learned in China. Investigation may find that your own neighbor is just as diverse but you never knew it before.

You sound totally underwhelmed. Who knows it may turn out to be something unexpectedly delightful.

Optimism is good!

I met someone like that last week for a lunch date. Very little was said by text, but he was a real talker in person. It turns out that he just dislikes texting. I hope yours turns out well.

I also dislike texting. In fact, I hate texting.

Maybe he want to exercise his fingers. Might serve him well later on.

That comment deserves a "grinning little devil" emoji.

@alliwant Sometimes I find hinting is better than being direct.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708010
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.