Agnostic.com

8 7

I'm pretty convinced that corporations do major research studies to determine the most irritating, annoying, unsettling excuse for music and then use that as their "hold music"

TheoryNumber3 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The exception might be Hawaii based companies, which play Hawaiian music while callers are on hold. So enjoyable, it's almost annoying when the agent gets back on the line to talk business!

The Worst: Comcast/Infinity. Minimum hold 2+/- hours and the 'music loop' is about 3 minutes.
Could be the main reason there are so many serial shootings lately IMO.

That's one reason. There are maybe a couple hundred thousand more.... For example customer service reps who are barely comprehensible and have their headset on backwards

Especially government departments

I think it's the same music they blast in North Korean prisons.

Ships and cargo planes have massive storage spaces called "holds".
Could that be the real explanation for saying "hold music"?

They should hire more people

Because all irritating and annoying hold music sounds better when amplified through a phone speaker.

They want you to go away and quit bugging them.

Bingo . I have no doubt many people get fed up and either figure out how to fix it themselves or toss their device out a window

@TheoryNumber3 So true.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708486
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.