Agnostic.com

10 1

Do you think world peace is achievable in our current political climate?

• 2 votes
  • 17 votes
Selah613 5 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It will never be achievable. We're territorial animals. If we can't fight with people over seas, we'll fight with people across the street.

Hell no, it is too many peoples political and economic interest to keep the pot boiling. If there was peace we might start looking closer to home for were the problem is. Eternal conflict is very profitable for some and as long as you can keep the population's anger directed out the powers that be are safe.

Kimba Level 7 May 1, 2018

No one really wants world peace. It sounds good in theory but is unworkable in practice. Peace would require compromise. When compromising, egos have to be left behind because let's be honest in a compromise no one actually gets what they want.

Peace must begin at home, and I see no indication that the U.S. will stop making war anytime soon. Neither of the two dominant political parties in the U.S. are anti-war any longer, and while there are other political parties out there that are growing and are anti-war they have no significant power and very little influence ... for now.

trumpie is going to fuck things up with Iran and North Korea no doubt.

I do not think the current political climate (Politicians) really want peace. I think they want what is most profitable, and war is VERY profitable.

There is a reason why wars are now fought in proxy countries. It may destroy the country where the wars are fought, but the countries behind the wars make a lot of .

as long as profitt motivates mankind to gain wealth,never no peace

Absolutely! With Trump in office world peace is just around the corner. Trump gets things done - look at North Korea - Trumps sanctions have worked. The middle east is next.

gater Level 7 May 1, 2018

No vote... I have no idea what is your concept of peace... much less when expanded to the whole world.

my definition of world peace would be a world devoid of conflict of any kind. The best example of this I could find is in the young children's book the giver.

@Selah613 that is for children, let us know when you feel old enough to read adult books. No wonder you ask the question you ask!

@GipsyOfNewSpain 1. I am technically still a child 2. that is the reason to chose a children's
for this definition, it is a condensed and simplified version of peace, one an altruist dreams about but the reality and my point is that this is impossible as the very definition of unity requires similarity and similarity requires a commonality shared by a group and only that group. So the book solves this issue by making everyone the same showing that unity sacrifices the individual for the group and because no one is willing to make that sacrifice we will never have true unity and thus a true peace instead we have a deluded peace which still has hostility and conflict.

@Selah613 Well... War is not Waged by Children. Since you are still technically a Child without trying to be Rude.... You are at this moment Above Your Paygrade. I already sent My Son to War and came back in One Piece but emotionally scared for life. I served for 20 years with only one Enemy in the Agenda and today an Imbecile is giving them the keys of the WH. I marched for peace at your age. And I consider myself a Warrior until I die. Because it is my choice for a better world. I am only going to tell you one thing. I will Never Vote for an American President that does not have a DD-214. My Vote, My Requirements.

Personally I don't think it is acheivable at all and that there will always with be conflict and tension between soverigein nations and peoples.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.