Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Tesla recalls 362,758 vehicles, says Full Self-Driving Beta software may cause crashes

Who will Musk blame for this latest fiasco? Road construction workers, road sign manufacturers, or his own piss poor leadership style.

Garban 8 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A self-driving magnetic lift car would simply fall over when it left the roadway. Just saying.

How's about levying some blame against the next largest holders, namely the Vanguard Group and Blackrock? Musk has been preoccupied with other endeavors besides Tesla, and funny how before Musk sold off alot of his Tesla stock the company was doing fairly well. No shortage of blame to go around. Also, technology is far from perfect, alot of trial and error involved before technology is perfected enough.

Think you could do any better in such a position? I rather doubt it, but that's okay keep complaining about those who are actually trying to innovate and improve on current technology and thus make all of our lives more simplified.

@Garban Not denying he hasn't done that before, but he does have his own accomplishments too, and before he sold off his stock in Tesla that company had a strong reputation. Tesla appears to be going downhill gradually now since other entities have more input. Neuralink was/is hardly a mess, and that company still has much potential. In contrast, Twitter was already long a mess before Musk took the helm.

By the way, thank you for at least taking the time to respond, you might finally be living up to the claim in your bio regarding deeper conversations that may challenge your beliefs, which is a positive sign.

@Garban Never said you owed me anything, only gave you credit for actually engaging me in conversation/debate which is a change from your usual ridiculous albeit somewhat cowardly excuses you give when you don't wish to acknowledge my comments and you make excuses like "I'm being creepy" or "lecturing". At least this time you didn't take the coward's way out, and was I wrong to extend you a little credit on that??

As for my own bio, at one point my bio page was quite lengthy, but decided to shorten it after receiving hateful spam messages from stalkers, one of whom still hangs around on here from time to time monitoring my posts. But you wouldn't know that now would you because that happened long before you arrived on this site, and if you don't believe me why don't you ask your friend @Pralina1 about that, as I'm sure she would know who I'm referring to. So at one time I had quite a lengthy bio page, but shortened it when Admin could do very little to deter the stalking hateful messages, something I'm sure you wouldn't be able to relate to being you fit right in with the "in crowd".

As for the topic of this post, could you please elaborate a bit more on all of those supposed failures of Musk's? While in the past he had been involved in some questionable endeavors no doubt, based on some research I did would indicate most of the businesses/organizations he founded or co-founded are quite successful, largely due in part to his leadership. PayPal, Neuralink, and SpaceX are very successful organizations and still headed upwards where success is concerned. Tesla is the largest car company per market capitalization, even surpassing Toyota, so I'd say they are doing well and their best days could very well be ahead of them- [finasko.com]. Speaking of Tesla, did you ever hear about the Powerwall? [tesla.com]. Musk has contributed much to the OpenAI project, and ChatGPT is certainly going to be helpful to many people.

How's about the Boring Company? Talk about innovating- [boringcompany.com]. Did you ever hear of the Giving Pledge? The Giving Pledge is a promise by the world's wealthiest individuals and families to dedicate the majority of their wealth to charitable causes, and back in 2012 Musk signed on with them- [givingpledge.org]. Does that really sound like someone who is a poor leader as you had suggested above? I have much respect for anyone who donates to charity like that, and that reminds me of a charitable endeavor that I've been working on. Lastly, he helped the Ukrainians setup internet access for them after their country was unjustly invaded by the tyrant Putin, and can you imagine how much of a help that's been to their cause communications wise? That's just a few of Musk's accomplishments, all of which would indicate relatively solid leadership on his part. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to perfect software like that, which certainly includes considerable amounts of trial and error. Cut the dude some slack, it appears he's trying hard to resolve glitches with that software. Or do you hate the guy that much being he doesn't agree with all of that progressive political rhetoric that you can't present a fair argument? Because I suspect that's the case, you hate the guy because he doesn't share in your political worldviews. You may have most others on this site fooled when it comes to that sort of thing, but you don't fool me, your motivations are far too transparent.

So at your convenience, and I said please here, could you provide some sources to backup your assumptions regarding Musk's poor leadership? The reason I ask is, I'm active over on the sister site IDW/SLUG where multiple posters constantly do posts praising Musk for his accomplishments, in particular recently what he's been doing to improve Twitter, which certainly was a bot-riddled mess before he came along. You may very well know something that I don't Garban, and could point out evidence that would contradict the frequent narrative on that matter on that site, which is why I ask, because if that be the case I could use the info you provide to counter some of their arguments, as what they'd be suggesting would amount to misinformation. Don't you think it's a good idea to challenge misinformation if such would be easy to challenge? I sure do, and believe me there's no shortage of misinformation being spread on IDW/SLUG and on this site.

@Garban Your post sounded like you were hating on the man, but if that not be the case then I'll take your word for it given the circumstances. And aren't most super rich and the politicians egotistical nowadays? I doubt such is exclusive to Mr. Musk, and I sure could think of a number of such people on both the left and right on the political spectrum.

I don't lecture or stalk, but I am capable of going into greater detail when expressing myself, unlike some on here who are endlessly entertained by memes and rather lazy one or two sentence long replies. You're much too kind, whatever did I do to get that much respect and gratitude from you all of a sudden, lol.

So... do you know of any sources that could backup your claim made in the OP that would contradict the sources I had provided? I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and maybe you do know something about that topic that I don't, and anything you could cite to the contrary might be helpful to me in debating some of those who believe Musk is a god in the flesh. That's why I ask. Or did this post pretty much just amount to a disgruntled diatribe? Because you had to vent a little steam and decided this time to do so at Mr. Musk's expense? I'm suspecting it's the latter. It's a fad these days among some social circles to talk bad about Musk as he hasn't much of anything positive to say about the progressive crowd, so those folks feel compelled to down him in spite. If that be the case with you here, I understand.

So I've gone over this before. My car gets 40mpg. I never drive more than 6Kmi/yr. Which would be 150 gal at $5/gal (it's closer to $3) that'd be $750 year for fuel. Insurance for Tesla in my area is $2500 6 mo. My friend's dad has one, that's what he pays and they live in suburbs. I live in Center City East and I pay $500, full tort, $250K/$500k non stacked, full collision, uninsured/under, collision $100ded comprehensive the whole works. Those cars are a nightmare.

Or all of the above.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710020
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.