Agnostic.com

16 6

Rapture in 5 years?

So I got a ring at my door this morning from missionaries, waking me up, passing out pamphlets. One of them even went so far to tell me I need to be ready for the rapture that will take place in 5 years. These people can’t be serious. I always hate in on my day off to slee in and something like this happens because here I am thinking it is something important when I get a ring on the door.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In a way, I do notice the end times creeping near and how more our system will fail. (There is no hope for humanity).

I received a little booklet through the mail about 30 years ago entitled "88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988", written by a former NASA engineer, no less. Look up 'Edgar C. Whisenant' on Wikipedia, it's quite a story.

They told me the same thing 2 years ago.

Ha ha ha!

Same BS story every year. I saw them come eat at my work. I saw them, and turned around and walked away. I heard them proselytizing at customers.

I bet it doesn't happen.

I know that it won’t.

I'm just looking for somebody that will bet it does.

Maybe the rapture will come in the form of climate change!?

All kidding aside, how many times in history has the rapture been predicted and that time has come and past without incident?

Jesus supposedly continually said that the world was ending. "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." He was wrong.
JWs have prophesied the end in 914,1925 and 1975 among other dates. Wrong.
Harold Camping had a couple fail in 2011. Wrong
Hell Pat Robertson gave it a go saying 2007 would do us in. Wrong, but:

These people wouldn't get attention if they let you sleep in.

gearl Level 8 Dec 8, 2017

The thing these Bible beaters don't understand is that the Rapture already happened. That's why I an entire civilization in South America vanished. They were taken offworld and now the new religions are trying to fool people into believing it will happen again

Open your eyes real wide and stare at them with a full mouth grin( watch Wednesday 's smile in the Addams family movie) and i'm guessing that they go away and don'g come back..

I don't knock on their doors talking about sex and drugs or asking them to become none believers

yes it does as it goes lol

"NOTICE: If you are a JW and you ring this doorbell, you will suffer eternal Hellfire and damnation.. Just sayin'" -- God

My little doggie, Nora, and myself are both enraptured when we go on a bike ride to the Little Red Lighthouse and climb the rocks down to the Hudson. We don't have to wait five years for that. Don't postpone joy, folks!

We should do this to freak them out.

Hell yes!!! Set off a loud trumpet and bright flashing light, too.

They're a pain aren't they?
We just had a pair of JW's here a couple of days ago. They knock on the door, then the dogs lose their flippin' minds for about 15 minutes after the troublemakers have been sent away.
They're a public nuisance.

If I experience that, I would be tempted to say, "Ain't no rapture nowhere, nohow, now or ever"-- and close the door.
I did have a couple of them recently to come to the door and ask if they could come in. I simply answered, "No." and closed the door.

Ask them how they figured this timing out, given that previous predictions came and went without incident, especially considering that the Bible specifically states that none but God the Father — not even the Son of Man — know when the end times will come. (Matthew 24:36) Then don't wait for an answer; just close the door on them and go back to bed, letting them stew over the contradiction of their claim.

And what kind of sexist book is the Bible, anyway? What if it's actually "God the Mother?" Makes more sense, actually. They could posit that "She gave birth to the Universe." And the Earth is the afterbirth.

Ask them if they have a mortgage or car payment longer than five years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.