Agnostic.com

6 13

TX is so wicked that god is now actively throwing shit at them.
[theweek.com]

#god
rainmanjr 8 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don’t mess with Texas God or you will be sorry.

Oops! Too late🥳

Toooo bad it didn't hit the capital.

Umm, isn’t Austin like the most liberal part of Texas? Take out the Alamo instead, that shrine to arrogant Texan racist history.

@Scott321 Since Mexican is NOT a race, nothig at that Alamo could be racist. However, if we could give Texas back to Mexico, I'd be OK with that.

@Alienbeing [en.m.wikipedia.org]

@Alienbeing But it would include most of the SW including California. Mexico allowed the non-Mexicans in in order to help settle and develop the area. They got a lot more than they bargained for. Still, we have to remember it was the Spanish that practiced the same tactics the British and French did to eradicate the native populations to provide more room for them. Exactly like we are seeing with the Jewish community toward the native Palestinians.

@Scott321 A poor reference.

Note:

1. Spainards (those in Spain) are not considered a race
  2. Mexicans come in all races, white, Indios, Oriential, and more.

Mexican is NOT a race

@jackjr CA and TX gained separation feo Mexico at different times. However, eve if what you noted was correct, that would be OK with me.

@Alienbeing So what role did…umm…slavery itself play in the foundation stones of Texas.

@Alienbeing And here’s another reference. You are strawmanning by assuming I am making reference to Mexicans. I am talking about enslavement of black people in Texas. The ethnic makeup of Mexicans is entirely irrelevant.

[shc.stanford.edu]

@Alienbeing plus [time.com]
“And Mexican-American history isn’t the only piece of the past that’s distorted by the Alamo myth. Academic researchers long tiptoed around the issue of slavery in Texas; active research didn’t really begin until the 1980s. Since then, scholars such as Randolph Campbell and Andrew Torget have demonstrated that slavery was the single issue that regularly drove a wedge between early Mexican governments—dedicated abolitionists all—and their American colonists in Texas, many of whom had immigrated to farm cotton, the province’s only cash crop at the time.

His correspondence shows conclusively that Stephen F. Austin, the so-called “Father of Texas,” spent years jousting with the Mexico City bureaucracy over the necessity of enslaved labor to the Texas economy. “Nothing is wanted but money,” he wrote in a pair of 1832 letters, “and Negros are necessary to make it.” Each time a Mexican government threatened to outlaw slavery, many in Austin’s colony began packing to go home. In time, as we know now, they put away their suitcases and brought out their guns.”

@Scott321 Your feeble attempt to change your narrative is easily seen. My ONLY point was, and remains that "Mexican" is not a race.

I never made any other "racial" reference .

You can go back to sleep now.

@Alienbeing
I didn’t change my narrative. You wrongly latched upon the wrong thing, perhaps from being unaware of Texas coming into being as a slaver haven. Slavery is etched deeply into their “proud” heritage. My state Florida has that and later on convict leasing and debt peonage stamped into our structure.

@Scott321 I am well aware of history, and anyone who listened, even casually, in school knows Texas was part of the Confederacy.

What YOU can't seem to admit is YOU thought "Maxican" was a race. I corrected that, which was my only point.

@Alienbeing When and especially how did I say Mexican is a race? That’s a figment of your imagination. Instead I posted plenty of links about how the conflict between Texans and Mexico was about slavery, the race based type…practiced by Texans. Your stubborn refusal to acknowledge that and your continuing to ascribe to me ideas I never held is entirely on you.

@Scott321 Give it up,

@Alienbeing
Give what up? This has been one of the longest explanations of an off the cuff joke ever, where you mangled the meaning. Racism is baked right into the Alamo. In another exercise of futility of you actually grasping my original intent see (or ignore): [sanantonioreport.org]

“All of the combatants inside the Alamo during the 1836 battle knew that they were fighting for the institution of slavery, as surely as they knew they were fighting for Mexican land.”

That was what I was and still am getting at.

And it was the furthest thing from my mind so I can’t take any credit for not thinking it but more relevant to what you’re harping on me about by putting words in my mouth:
“Most of the official Anglo-American colonists and the undocumented immigrants came from the Southern U.S. They were comfortable with – and often passionately dedicated to – the white supremacist ideology that prevailed in slave states. A Texan’s letter printed in the New Orleans Bee in 1834 decried “degraded” Mexicans as products of racial pollution: “the unfortunate race of Spaniard, Indian and African, is so blended that the worst qualities of each predominate.””

[…]

“Before he learned of the victory at San Jacinto, Stephen F. Austin, in a May 4, 1836 letter to Senator L. F. Linn of Missouri, described the war as one “waged by the mongrel Spanish-Indian and Negro race, against civilization and the Anglo-American race.”

So I assertively don’t think in terms of Mexican being a race, but some fighting on the Texan side apparent did in very disparaging terms. That’s actually them doing a racism on their end. But that aspect of them thinking in racist terms about their Mexican foes was not what I was thinking when this whole cascade started. But after the fact it sure does add to my case for racism being behind the whole Alamo thing.

@Scott321 Talking about beating a dead horse, his brain seems to have died a long time ago.

@jackjr Well amusing as it may be he seems to have weaponized obtuseness. I managed to vent my spleen some more at the Alamo. Don’t know if lurking third parties suffered or benefited from the exchange.

@Scott321 I have found it is often to not even get into a discussion with the obtuses. Ignore them and they eventually go away.

@Scott321 I am not going to rehash what already has been proven. Give it up.

I wonder if Chicken Little lives in Texas?

Betty Level 8 Feb 17, 2023

He’s the Governor.

What a weak and puny god! Only 1000 pounds? He needed to hurl something very much larger than that!

God has been letting Thyself go lately.

Ozzy did God a solid by marking the target:

Maybe it was a 2ft diameter "effluent ball" from a passing alien spacecraft.

Yeah. That’s the ticket 🎟️

I am bitterly disappointed. It should have been a MUCH bigger meteoroid.

I agree. The only 2 people I know from NH went to TX, I'm not sure if it was to live there or not but neither one is alive today they both were shot to death in TX.

Clearly, da lawd's heart just wasn't innit.

the gods might be so angry at the whole world right that is why there is so much upset everywhere, turkey and syria are one of them and so many

@K9JetLee999 Not surprising. They loves their guns in TX. Along with FL, they are states I would never live in, too much craziness combined with too many idiots with guns, not sane or safe enough for me.

@TomMcGiverin
Florida Man is rampant in these parts:

@TomMcGiverin
And way too many gas stations with undersized overcooked burritos.

@TomMcGiverin Iived in Ormond Beach FL for 10 years and the only trouble that came our way was during Bike week. And by the time I left my empty quiet beach was being over whelmed by strangers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.