Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Opinion | What John Fetterman Should Know About Thomas Eagleton - POLITICO

Thomas Eagleton didn't in and of himself cause George McGovern's campaign to derail, which this Op-Ed implies. There are parallels, both young senators and both suffered from depression. Health setbacks can trigger depression. I know my health problems have cause the blues for me. This guy is a relatively young man with a great future and a beautiful family. He's had a major stroke at such a young age, that could be what is bumming him out so badly. I don't know much about depression other than the fact I am often depressed. Premature death would certainly screw things up and that must be on his mind.

barjoe 9 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And some people still wonder why FDR hid his physical condition?
Not only are a large percentage of the American people woefully ignorant of SO much, far too many of them are completely unwilling to educate themselves.
They'd rather maintain erroneous assumptions and demonize what you they don't understand.

Depression is still so misunderstood.

I have depression and I have lived with it since 1986 when a wife died. It comes and goes, off and on, and I do NOT want to be medicated for it. Things that seem to increase this depression is the fact that I am not getting any younger. At least we can say Fetterman was honest about his situation.

Depression is extremely common after a stroke. Strokes run in my family and when my mother had had a series of strokes she was given an anti-depressant as part of her treatment as part of the usual protocol. I think highly of Senator Fetterman, but TBH, if it had been me, I would have withdrawn from the election.

That happened to my ex husband after he had a very similar stroke to Fetterman's. He was 58, so relatively young, too. His depression was severe. They gave him antidepressants, and it turned his depression around. He's okay now, but still has residual physical effects from the stroke.

A lot of antidepressants have some nasty side effects or are ineffective. My daughter-in-law was on many different ones until she found one that worked for her.
I didn’t vote for Fetterman in the primary even thought I supported him up until he had the stroke. It was a serious stroke and he got fast treatment, but running for office is grueling enough without dealing with recovery. Once he was nominated I supported him 100%, but believe if the Trumplicans had run a sensible candidate, he would have lost. One of the very few times I have been thankful for Trump idiocy.

@Barnie2years I have also tried several anti-depressants and suffered the side-effects. I white-knuckle it through my depression because I find the pills worse than the condition.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710275
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.