Agnostic.com

4 10

I'm going out to do an open mic at a folk venue tonight, and trying out a new original song. Fingers crossed.

Organist1 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go get ‘em

Knock ‘em dead!

Well I frequently do that though they are songs I've heard before. I hate practicing ( always have) and so usually just play over a song before going on stage. I always have a music stand showing me the words, sometimes the chords as well, but no music as I can't read it well enough anyway. When I was a cathedral chorister, I relied on a university music scholar being able to read both out parts and be astute enough to nudge me if I was on the wrong harmony. I did nonetheless hold the cantoris tenor line by myself as well beating tempo for the decani.

Very impressive! A new work AND a public appearance. What are the important things? That you are courageous enough to do it and that you have a good time doing it! You got this!

I go with a bunch of friends, who all play and write songs too. It's a lot of fun, and a low-stress way to introduce a new one. The place has good food, too.

@Organist1 Sounds great! Now if there was only a video, we could all feel like we were there with you!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710822
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.