Agnostic.com

14 11

LINK Outrageous! U.S. Navy orders commanders to implement a “religious test” for all sailors! | Daily Kos

Ugh. Some things never seem to get better, only worse.

From the link

The new regulation, OPNAVINST 1730.1F, “Religious Ministry in the Navy,” issued on November 9, 2022, replaces 2012’s version, OPNAVINST 1730.1E, and although the old Instruction had the same title as the new one, they couldn’t be more different.
Here is the entire “Spiritual Readiness” section from the new regulation:

( 2 ) Spiritual Readiness. Spiritual Readiness is the strength of spirit that enables the warfighters to accomplish the mission with honor. Spiritual Readiness speaks to the will to fight and the ability to overcome adversity in the moment of combat or crisis. The skill to fight without the will to fight leaves a hollow force. While the CHC creates, increases and sustains Spiritual Readiness by PNC (reference ( b )), commanders own the requirement. The technical definition of Spiritual Readiness is:

( a ) Spiritual Readiness is the capacity for mission accomplishment that results from the warfighter’s connection to the transcendent, defined by:

1. A connection to the divine;

2. Participation in a community of faith;

3. Sacrifice for the greater good; or,

4. The pursuit of meaning, purpose, value and service.

( b ) Spiritual Readiness is an element of military readiness that is created, increased, and sustained by PNC [Professional Naval Chaplaincy].

( c ) Spiritual Readiness is measured in commands by access to a chaplain; Service members’ engagement with the Command Religious Program (CRP); and, the training, equipage, facilities and resources of the religious ministry team (RMT).

(3) Commanders must offer new check-ins the opportunity to complete a religious needs assessment.
Even the very clearly stated “Purpose” at the beginning of the regulation says that this is all about religion (emphasis added):

1. Purpose. This instruction implements reference (a) for the delivery of Religious Ministry (RM) within the Navy. This is a complete revision and should be reviewed in its entirety.

No matter how hard the military tries to make “spiritual” not mean “religion” it always fails.

RichCC 8 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The most religious like to force everyone else to their way of belief, when no one pays attention they start changing laws. I think of their entire ideation being straight out of Animal Farm. The pigs are changing the laws to fit themselves while the other animals are preoccupied with other things.

And now a word from our sponsors: FY stalker moron.

Marine back in the 60s.....if I remember right, wasn't required to attend church during boot camp, if you didn't, could always stay and field day grounds, or hut, or work on gear, shine buckels, shoes, boots, ect. Laying in reading, ect....don't recall that being an alternative.

So the military pushes religion again.

Mentally incompetent people can be found in all walks of life, but it is perhaps telling that the armed forces seem to contain a greater proportion of such people.

Wow. Students of history know this is classic Hitler's Nazi thinking. War as a sporting event, the side that gets their guys more psyched wins! The disconnect between reality and the swamp gets larger every day.

Way back in 2006 or 2007, I was contacted by someone in the navy to write a non-religious invocation, because that was a new rule in the navy at the time. None of the officers could figure out how to write an inspirational opening remark for a big event without invoking God. Well, it was easy for me to give them several samples of how to do just that. Crazy how they couldn't process goodness in humanity and loyalty to a cause without religion.

Seems now the pendulum has swung back in the opposite direction, requiring more religion instead of less and a more inclusive reach.

I perform marriage ceremonies for military personnel sometimes, who are not religious in any way shape or form, so they seek me out for a secular style wedding. So, I know there are atheists in the military.

Many of the national afflictions are caused by demand for this religion so this is not unexpected by those who understand mission creep. Hopefully the recruits get over it as they age. That's what Sages are for.

Of course! "God is always on the side of the big battalions."

Right 😇

@Buck So some people believe.

He always sides with the white battalions for some reason, that racist fucker!?!🤠

WTF!

I've always liked Nietzsche's term for things like this . . . . theoassininities.

No way this is constitutional. But you never know with todays' Stupreme nut job court, they may claim othrewise.

War is just to get other people to fight on your behalf to give you what you want. Religion is used to brainwash the fighters into doing what you want.

Betty Level 8 Feb 22, 2023

Since more people have been killed in the name of God, than any other reason. The religious test can help the military administration set them up, on the front lines. Killing in wars, is not spiritual at all, it solves nothing.

What the fuck are you talking about when you use the word "spiritual"?

It’s a burning in your bosom. 🤥

What utter bullshit!
Not to mention, it's UN-Constitutional AF!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710957
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.